ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gmail launches themes

(1/4) > >>

icekin:
The news has been out for about 48 hours now. Gmail has finally added themes support. Themes can be accessed by going here. I've decided to go with terminal as it loads faster than any other theme. The retro feel is also nice. :)

Hopefully, there will soon be a way for users to contribute themes. Globex Designs has been adding themes support through the use of a Firefox Extension and Stylish, but the inbuilt themes support means that user's won't have to tweak around to get the desired look and feel.

Earlier this year, themes were launched for iGoogle. Hoping to see themes support for calendars, web search and reader soon.

mahesh2k:
Themes will slow you down. Some themes are just color combo(you can use that without problem) but some actually fetch background images, so they'll slow you down. It's going to happen anyway, as we already seen their theme attempt with Orkut.

zridling:
I love them. Certainly are easier on the eyes, and the text is clearer, too.

Carol Haynes:
I must admit I usually like to keep things clean and simple but I rather like GMAIL themes. I currently have the mountains adorning my screen - can't say I have noticed it being slower.

mahesh2k:
@Carol
I tried that Planetary theme, that was taking much time on my 512kbps connection.  :(
Also tried other themes, but i like the color-combo type themes,they're simply cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version