ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Half-Life 10 Year Anniversary Sale: $1 (Ends Friday Nov. 21)

(1/5) > >>

Deozaan:
Steam is celebrating the 10 year anniversary of Half-Life by reducing the price of Half-Life 1 to just $0.98. As someone who absolutely loved the original Half-Life but for some reason never finished it, I'll be snatching up this deal! UPDATE: The deal has ended.. Sorry if you missed out!

Here's an excerpt from my review from The Best Games You've Never Played thread:

Half-Life 1 was incredible to me because it was the first FPS game (I know of) that actually had a real story about why you were going around killing things. It was the total opposite of the macho FPS "Bad Dude" games of the day like Doom, Quake, or Duke Nukem 3D. You weren't there because you were a tough mofo and the world/universe relied on you for its survival. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and you're just trying to get out alive. You don't even start out with a weapon. When you first encounter the enemies, you've got to RUN! Plus, the way it loaded sections of the game kept you interested in the story because you were always trying to survive one disaster after another. There was no transition between levels where you could look at your statistics and save and rest and relax. It would have made a great sci-fi book (or dare I say movie?) if properly adapted.-https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=11606.msg104034#msg104034
--- End quote ---

Why are you still reading this? Hurry up and buy it!

Deozaan:
By the way, if anyone needs me to "gift" it to them on Steam, I'll happily take a DonationCredit as compensation. Actually, that works out to 2 cents in my favor, so if you can do it yourself that's probably better. But just thought I'd offer in case there were any weird geographical limitations or something similar.

If you take me up on this offer, include your Steam user name in the message box for the DonationCredit transfer. You'll also need to add me to your friends list. My Steam user name is Deozaan.

Either that or give me your e-mail address in the DonationCredit transfer and you will receive an e-mail telling you how to get the game on Steam.

EDIT: Updated instructions.

gexecuter:
I wish i could buy this but unfortunately i can't use paypal or credit cards so i am screwed  :( Thankfully i will finish my career in less than a year so i should be able to get a credit card when i am working.

Deozaan:
Okay, so here's an update:

I just found out that this offer ends at NOON PST. That's less than 3 hours from now. Also, for me to gift it to you with your Steam user name, we actually need to add each other to our friends lists. So if you don't want to do that, then I'll need your e-mail address instead of your Steam user name.

Hurry! Time's almost up!

p3lb0x:
buy one for gexecuter, ill send a DC cred.
Half life is a great game, everyone deserves it :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version