ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

WaggleImage on Bits du Jour (Nov 18 2008)

<< < (13/16) > >>

Darwin:
wagglesoft - thank you for being so active here and answering questions... I have one, I've installed Wagglesoft but can't log-in! What to do?

J-Mac:
wagglesoft - thank you for being so active here and answering questions... I have one, I've installed Wagglesoft but can't log-in! What to do?
-Darwin (September 23, 2011, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Log-in coming in 3.03...  OK KIDDING!!   :)  :P

I do thank you also Waggle. I don’t know - I read the update features and first of all I thought it was a major upgrade. My bad.

Regarding the ribbon though, I still feel that is only a valid UI when standard menus become too overloaded with multitudes of sub-menus, as Office had become. But if standard menus are reasonable then the ribbon UI is completely superfluous. IMO it should only be added by necessity, not for "looks".

Thanks!

Jim

Darwin:
 ;D

Yeah... My problem is that I can't see how to set up an account, it won't let me leave the fields blank and logging in with user credentials under Win7 4-bit doesn't work. Is there an ini file somewhere, or a registry key, that I can edit or something?

WaggleSoft:
Log-in coming in 3.03...  OK KIDDING!!   :)  :P
-J-Mac (September 23, 2011, 09:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ahh, but we can release it through an auto-update :)

I do thank you also Waggle. I don’t know - I read the update features and first of all I thought it was a major upgrade. My bad.
-J-Mac (September 23, 2011, 09:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

No problem at all. We don't like to send out emails because a lot of people hate getting them so it's unusual for us to send them out which is probably why it seemed like a major upgrade.

Regarding the ribbon though, I still feel that is only a valid UI when standard menus become too overloaded with multitudes of sub-menus, as Office had become. But if standard menus are reasonable then the ribbon UI is completely superfluous. IMO it should only be added by necessity, not for "looks".-J-Mac (September 23, 2011, 09:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

In the early betas for version 3 we included both the old menu system and the ribbon. Not one of the testers used the old version. They all preferred to use the ribbon version. The dynamic nature of the system (we can and do add new modules which are loaded dynamically by the software) means that we have no idea how many modules (and how many actions for those modules) will be loaded in the future so it could easily become very saturated with the standard menu system.

WaggleSoft:
;D

Yeah... My problem is that I can't see how to set up an account, it won't let me leave the fields blank and logging in with user credentials under Win7 4-bit doesn't work. Is there an ini file somewhere, or a registry key, that I can edit or something?
-Darwin (September 23, 2011, 10:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can only add new users, etc from inside the software (i.e. you need to log in first). Typically you would use the repository manager to add new repositories. The user is only presented with a button indicating that the software is running in open mode when first accessing a repository. They can then change the default password for the Administrator and add new users.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version