topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:56 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: WaggleImage on Bits du Jour (Nov 18 2008)  (Read 49180 times)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: WaggleImage on Bits du Jour (Nov 18 2008)
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 01:09 PM »
Thanks for your replies, Waggle.

Well, I just purchased WaggleImage but I will probably keep it under wraps for now. Waiting for the other software to become available; at that time I'll install all and see how I like them.

Jim

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 01:13 PM »
Even though I will probably never use it, I went ahead and bought it anyway to show my appreciation of such a steep discount.   Really nice gesture, WaggleSoft.  Thanks.  ;)

WaggleSoft

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 04:10 PM »
Thank you for the support and kind words.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 08:30 PM »
Even though I will probably never use it, I went ahead and bought it anyway to show my appreciation of such a steep discount. 
:Thmbsup:  Same here.

Plus, for those who didn't know, the license is for 3 machines (and the same for those who did).

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2011, 09:11 PM »
Thanks Chris - I did not realize that!   :)

Jim

WaggleSoft

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 06:36 AM »
Thank you to everyone who purchased the product. We decided to extend the special for another 24 hours after receiving a large number of requests for the special after it closed.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 07:02 AM »
Thank you to everyone who purchased the product. We decided to extend the special for another 24 hours after receiving a large number of requests for the special after it closed.

Thanks, I took advantage of this - I meant to get it yesterday but got distracted.

I'm not sure will I use it - the absence of export is also a big problem for me. The DMS you talk about is an extra piece of software and sounds like overkill for my needs...
Tom

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 07:18 AM »
...the absence of export is also a big problem for me...

I'd even be happy enough if I knew I could extract the files e.g. in chronological order.

Like iphigenie, I often use "capture from camera" rather than scanning. Would these images be OCR'd? (I'm not sure from your answer below). Thanks in advance.

I produce most of my documents through writing/printing to pdt/capture from web/capture from camera rather than scanning so I am wondering - are the benefits more on the scan/ocr/index side of the process or are the tag/organise/dispatch features also worth it (of course at 9.99 it is a bargain and I could try, but each software bought does demand time to learn, so I better check)

It mainly about organization, management and fast searching of documents. It can import documents and images from the file system but I am not sure if it will benefit you directly. It all depends on the number of documents you have. There are some nifty features that may be of use such as the advanced printing and the ability to email images as PDF's but it really is touch and go for your situation.
Tom

WaggleSoft

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 07:41 AM »
I'd even be happy enough if I knew I could extract the files e.g. in chronological order.

I will get one of the developers to put together an export module for you. Will post a message here when it is up on our site.

Like iphigenie, I often use "capture from camera" rather than scanning. Would these images be OCR'd? (I'm not sure from your answer below). Thanks in advance.

The system will attempt to OCR all images although it's unlikely that it will pick up anything from camera images.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 08:09 AM »
I didn't test this program, but bought 2 years right way; the offer was just too good - haha. My only concern is if there is an option to leave the original documents unchanged. Actually, I will never use the program, if there isn't.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 08:42 AM »

I will get one of the developers to put together an export module for you. Will post a message here when it is up on our site.

wow, thanks :up: :)
For something like this it can only be good - many people want to go paperless so it's a great reasurance if one can export (paradoxically perhaps, it's one more reason to use and stick with the software)
Tom

WaggleSoft

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2011, 10:56 AM »
I didn't test this program, but bought 2 years right way; the offer was just too good - haha. My only concern is if there is an option to leave the original documents unchanged. Actually, I will never use the program, if there isn't.

When you import documents into the system you have the option of either deleting the originals or leaving them in place.

WaggleSoft

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 10:40 AM »

Just some feedback on this. We decided to integrate the export directly into the system in two different components. We have a full export in the administration system which people can use to export all of the documents in a document category. We have also included an export in the search system that lets people select a few records and export just those records. This meant that it has taken longer than we expected. We are busy with internal testing now and should release it in the next couple of weeks.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 01:12 PM »
Thanks for the update Mr. Waggle.

Darn, I forgot I purchased this already! Well, I think I said back then that I was going to wait for the other program you folks are working on - WaggleDMS I think it was. Any progress on that?

In the meantime I have Paperport Pro installed so it doesn’t make a lot of sense for me to install this now. But I do want a peek at DMS when that is available!

Thanks again!

Jim

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 04:57 PM »
... I have Paperport Pro installed ...

Jim

How do you find Paperport Pro to be?

I am offered the $100 Standard version for half the listed price, $50, but they haven't offered me any discount on the $200 Pro version. So it better be good!...  :tellme:

2011-08-24_232857.gif

2011-08-24.GIF

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 05:10 PM »
I DID get a 50% off coupon for the Pro version as an upgrade from Paperport 11 Pro and bought it... Four days later i requested and received a refund. The help file was missing and clicking on it resulted in an error message, indexing is just as bad as it was in version 11 - killed my 2.5Ghz Dual Core processor, and every time I booted the installer ran about 20 times before everything settled down. Then, when starting any Office document, the whole thing started again. Pretty disappointing. I went back to 11 because the only thing I use it for are the EXCELLENT SET tools which were nicely tweaked but not updated from 11 to 14...

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2011, 06:47 PM »
-hmm... not too flattering.

But you are still happy with their PDF Converter ? Also their Dragon runs fine, I have been told. Maybe you had some locale problems? I find it weird if they can create several fine programs, but not figure out how to write just another version.

Well, never mind. I won't be purchasing any of them in the nearest future.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2011, 08:53 PM »
Wow - I never had the problems that Darwin has had! Though to be honest I don’t use a lot of Paperport's features. Actually I don’t use many at all. I don’t see the purpose of most of them. I know: so why did I buy it, right? I received a promo for PP Pro, Omnipage Pro, and PDF Converter Pro. One of those "too good to pass up" deals. I had already been using PDF Converter Pro since the first version so this was a first for Omnipage and Paperport. I was hoping that Paperport was more of a document managerl instead it is purely a PDF organizer, and it doesn’t organize my PDF's the way I think they should be organized. Pretty much a waste for me but it cost me so little I can't complain.... much.   ;)  ;D

BTW, whenever I have tried to have Paperport organize any of my PDF files it actually moves them to the redundant, crappy-named "My Paperport" directory. Then when I am looking for a file I really need and can't find it I remember I need to go through Paperport. It's really just a pain in the ass because it causes me extra steps and doesn’t really help me in any way that I can find. Tutorials are scarce and useless too IMO.

Well... that was a glowing endorsement, wasn’t it?

Thanks!

Jim

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2011, 08:22 AM »
Heh, heh - strangely, having completely removed PP 14 and reinstalled PP 11, I'm seeing some of the same behaviour, specifically with the installer running all the time. I-R-R-I-T-A-T-A-T-I-N-G! I probably need to reinstall it making SURE that no Office add-ins/hooks are installed with it.

PDF Converter Pro is still great!

WaggleSoft

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2011, 04:04 PM »
Thanks for the update Mr. Waggle.

Darn, I forgot I purchased this already! Well, I think I said back then that I was going to wait for the other program you folks are working on - WaggleDMS I think it was. Any progress on that?

In the meantime I have Paperport Pro installed so it doesn’t make a lot of sense for me to install this now. But I do want a peek at DMS when that is available!

Thanks again!

The Export is now available on our site (included in the latest update). I will give you a shout when the DMS is available.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2011, 09:03 PM »
Thanks Mr. Waggle! I really appreciate the fact that you think enough to report back to us when something is ready like this. And I look forward to DMS!

Thanks again!

Jim

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2011, 08:47 PM »
Update - I am now Nuance free. Bloody PDF Converter was corrupted and kept crashing. I couldn't repair or uninstall it so ripped it out using Your Uninstaller! Re-booting and trying to install didn't work either. Enough. Adobe Acrobat X Pro seems to be rock solid, light on resources and, with an academic discount courtesy of my employer, will likely be fully licensed this time tomorrow.

Re: Paperport 11 Pro, I couldn't get it sorted out, either and after waiting for a month for Nuance support to respond, turfed it as well. I did buy a WaggleImage license, so may revisit it, if I find myself needing the functionality it provides in the future.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2011, 01:28 AM »
-lucky even when first unlucky ♥

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2011, 09:26 PM »
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly....

The Good: Wagglesoft 3.0 was just released.

The Bad (?):  Doesn’t look like a whole lot of was added; biggest seems to be you can now export from WaggleImage...   :huh:

The Ugly:  They added a "ribbon" interface, though why anyone would announce this as a feature is a mystery to me. Could be beneficial if WaggleImage had innumerable menu and sub-menu items like MS Office, but nothing but poor window-dressing for any programs that don’t. I would love to hear the reasoning behind a ribbon for this app.

Jim

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2011, 05:08 AM »
I havent installed it yet (any version), so cant really comment - did get email notification of (free) upgrade from 2.x [upgrade price may depend on when you bought it]

Dramatic improvements in the system searching speed.
    Full text OCR is now included in the system for document searching.
    Scanning profiles have been added to the system.
    Addition of a ribbon menu to the system.
    Backup to and restore from DVD.
    PDF support is included in the base installation.
    Full support for Windows 7 (both 32 bit and 64 bit).
    A new advanced printing system.
    "Right Click - Send To" option has been included to add documents to WaggleImage directly from Windows.
    Additional bug fixes and performance enhancements.

http://wagglesoft.co...;id=19&Itemid=28
Tom
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:34 AM by tomos, Reason: [edit in brackets] »