ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

WaggleImage on Bits du Jour (Nov 18 2008)

<< < (5/16) > >>

WaggleSoft:
@WaggleSoft - Committing all my records to your system is a pretty big leap of faith. I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable in doing so if there were a way to export the data into some standardized format (XML, CSV, Excel, whatever). Do you have any way to do that?
-CWuestefeld (July 04, 2011, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I understand your concern. We haven't had anyone move off the system yet so it hasn't been needed. It will be as simple as drag and drop when the DMS is released as all of the documents are exposed on the normal file system with the DMS as a drive letter. They are secured so one would obviously need a user name and password to copy them off. It you are really concerned about it I could ask one of the developers to put something together and we can upload it to the site in the next two week or so. We will have to add a user name and password to prevent unauthorized access but it's relatively simple.

We have been in business for almost 10 years if that helps to make you feel more comfortable.

WaggleSoft:
My concern with this program - as well as others so categorized as "document management" apps - is that they are actually just for managing PDF files that are scanned into them; not truly managing all of the documents on my computer. I have yet to find any program that even attempts to assist with organizing - let alone managing - all my actual "documents", of all types.

That said, I am not certain yet just what Wagglesoft does so maybe I shouldn’t rant about this software category in general here.  :)
-J-Mac (July 04, 2011, 11:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Our Home DMS should be right up your alley then :). I will post here when we release it.

J-Mac:
Waggle,

I'm not certain what you are saying. Does your software offer organizational and/or management of all types of documents? Or just PDF files, as most software in this category seems to do? I will most likely make the purchase because, hey - at ths price I can't really lose! But before I actually install and use it I would want to take the time to learn what it really offers in the way of "document management".

On my main PC I currently have two so-called document management programs installed: One came with my Fujitsu Scansoft document scanner, and the other is Nuance Paperport 12 Pro. The Scansoft program simply takes documents that I scan with their scanner and save as PDF files and puts them into a folder where I track all of them. Can't even import any other existing PDF files though. Extremely weak IMO. Paperport appears to be another program that allows me to scan documents - with any supported scanner - and store them within a set of folders that Paperport tracks. Paperport also has a fairly decent search facility for searching any folders for PDF files. It also allows the import of other PDF files and folders. However it doesn’t handle any other type of document, like .doc, .xls, .txt and others. IMO I have two main types of user data files on my computer: document files and media files. I do have programs that track all my media files very well. It's the doggone document files that no one seems to want to offer a program to track!

Thanks!

Jim

WaggleSoft:
I'm not certain what you are saying. Does your software offer organizational and/or management of all types of documents? Or just PDF files, as most software in this category seems to do? I will most likely make the purchase because, hey - at ths price I can't really lose! But before I actually install and use it I would want to take the time to learn what it really offers in the way of "document management".-J-Mac (July 04, 2011, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

WaggleImage is primarily for managing scanned documents and imported PDF's. While it does support other document types, that's not really it's primary function. It won't do what you need above.

WaggleDMS is a completely different beast. It is used for managing all types of documents. Word, PDF, Excel, etc. The document type does not matter. It helps that WaggleImage integrates into
WaggleDMS as you can then scan documents and manage them directly in the DMS. It is presently in a closed beta and because it integrates into the OS shell, I would hate to give a release date.

On my main PC I currently have two so-called document management programs installed: One came with my Fujitsu Scansoft document scanner, and the other is Nuance Paperport 12 Pro. The Scansoft program simply takes documents that I scan with their scanner and save as PDF files and puts them into a folder where I track all of them. Can't even import any other existing PDF files though. Extremely weak IMO. Paperport appears to be another program that allows me to scan documents - with any supported scanner - and store them within a set of folders that Paperport tracks. Paperport also has a fairly decent search facility for searching any folders for PDF files. It also allows the import of other PDF files and folders. However it doesn’t handle any other type of document, like .doc, .xls, .txt and others. IMO I have two main types of user data files on my computer: document files and media files. I do have programs that track all my media files very well. It's the doggone document files that no one seems to want to offer a program to track!
--- End quote ---

Both of these above are competitors to WaggleImage. They don't really play in the DMS space. Managing all of your document files is where WaggleDMS plays.

WaggleSoft:
It is presently in a closed beta and because it integrates into the OS shell, I would hate to give a release date.-WaggleSoft (July 04, 2011, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just to give some more detail. The OS integration is means that the software needs to be 100% stable. For this reason we are making sure that we test on all possible environments.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version