ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

WaggleImage on Bits du Jour (Nov 18 2008)

<< < (4/16) > >>

iphigenie:
This looks tempting, organising/sorting my documents is a key need I have, and haven't fulfilled yet in spite of trying.

What concerns me a little is that it seems the documents are moved into a database, they are no longer on disk as files that can be viewed elsewhere. Is this correct?

I produce most of my documents through writing/printing to pdt/capture from web/capture from camera rather than scanning so I am wondering - are the benefits more on the scan/ocr/index side of the process or are the tag/organise/dispatch features also worth it (of course at 9.99 it is a bargain and I could try, but each software bought does demand time to learn, so I better check)

WaggleSoft:
I see that the Software Assurance is also on sale - would it be pointless to purchase it for a new license or would it extend the software assurance to 2 years?

By the way - thanks for letting us know about this special.
-mwb1100 (July 04, 2011, 04:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Purchasing the software assurance will extend the software assurance to 2 years.

It's only a pleasure, I have been a long time lurker on this site so it's nice to give back a bit.

WaggleSoft:
This looks tempting, organising/sorting my documents is a key need I have, and haven't fulfilled yet in spite of trying.

What concerns me a little is that it seems the documents are moved into a database, they are no longer on disk as files that can be viewed elsewhere. Is this correct?-iphigenie (July 04, 2011, 05:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

The documents are stored on the file system with indexing information in a database. They are named through Guids so it's not possible to view them from outside the system. The DMS that we are are busy finalizing exposes these documents to all applications on a drive letter.

I produce most of my documents through writing/printing to pdt/capture from web/capture from camera rather than scanning so I am wondering - are the benefits more on the scan/ocr/index side of the process or are the tag/organise/dispatch features also worth it (of course at 9.99 it is a bargain and I could try, but each software bought does demand time to learn, so I better check)

--- End quote ---

It mainly about organization, management and fast searching of documents. It can import documents and images from the file system but I am not sure if it will benefit you directly. It all depends on the number of documents you have. There are some nifty features that may be of use such as the advanced printing and the ability to email images as PDF's but it really is touch and go for your situation.

CWuestefeld:
@WaggleSoft - Committing all my records to your system is a pretty big leap of faith. I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable in doing so if there were a way to export the data into some standardized format (XML, CSV, Excel, whatever). Do you have any way to do that?

J-Mac:

What concerns me a little is that it seems the documents are moved into a database, they are no longer on disk as files that can be viewed elsewhere. Is this correct?

-iphigenie (July 04, 2011, 05:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

My concern with this program - as well as others so categorized as "document management" apps - is that they are actually just for managing PDF files that are scanned into them; not truly managing all of the documents on my computer. I have yet to find any program that even attempts to assist with organizing - let alone managing - all my actual "documents", of all types.

That said, I am not certain yet just what Wagglesoft does so maybe I shouldn’t rant about this software category in general here.  :)

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version