Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 24, 2014, 10:40:14 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DONE: IdleMute - Tray utility to mute speaker when you are away from the PC!  (Read 58828 times)
LuckMan212
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2005, 08:25:35 PM »

hi skrommel !
can I ask u a question-  I tried to use my resource editor Axialis Iconworkshop to "hack in" my icons (sorry.. hehe I spent some time to make them I actually grew sort of fond of them  embarassed  ) and when I tried to run IdleMute this way it says the EXE is corrupted.  So OK i thought I would download the .AHK script and compile it myself with my own icons.  But I am not sure how to do it.... I see the ahk2exe tool but it has only single line for .ico file..... do I just put all my icons in this one file and make sure resource IDs match the ones in the script?  if you can tell me how to do this I would be very thankful...
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2005, 08:28:51 PM »

this is somewhat off topic, but would anyone else be interested in us trying to arrange some live ahk lessons by skrommel in our chat channel some day?
LuckMan212
Charter Member

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2005, 08:32:09 PM »

that would definitely be cool ....................  Thmbsup
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2005, 11:45:45 AM »

smiley IdleMute v1.8 just makes it possible to disable muting, so the timer can be used to pause WinAmp or other programs instead.

To change the icons in AHK you have to edit the file C:\Prog\Automatisering\AutoHotkey\Compiler\AutoHotkeySC.bin. Make shure you close all Ahk2Exe windows before editing and compiling to make it load the file properly.

I haven't been to the chat channel, but I guess that can be arranged. But there really are better programmers than me on the AHK forums...

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
LuckMan212
Charter Member

« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2005, 08:37:17 PM »

hey Skrommel... i was just noticing, at least on my system, when IdleMute has kicked in and muted the speaker, then the only way to un-mute is by tapping a key on my keyboard.  Moving the mouse has no effect.  Is this on purpose?  I thought I remembered in older versions I could shake the mouse to un-mute the computer as well.....   undecided
thanks happy holidays
LuckMan212
Charter Member

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2006, 08:31:10 PM »

skrommel?  are you still watching this thread?
just wondering if you saw my last comment...  it seems once IdleMute mutes the speaker, it doesnt automatically un-mute it anymore when I come back.......... any ideas?  undecided
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2006, 06:13:35 PM »

tellme I've been getting this problem, too! But one day it's the keyboard, the next it's the mouse. I'm beginning to suspect a bug in the idle function in AHK. I'll have a closer look...

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
LuckMan212
Charter Member

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2006, 06:35:45 PM »

ok thanks! nice to see you back in this thread  Grin
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 02:07:53 AM by brotherS » Logged
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

To make a difference, be different.

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2006, 02:07:18 AM »

I wonder what would be the best way to implement "after 30 minutes of IdleMuting, kill winamp.exe" - any ideas?

See also http://www.donationcoder....um/index.php?topic=2342.0
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 02:38:47 AM by brotherS » Logged

Thank you.
LuckMan212
Charter Member

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2006, 05:02:18 PM »

hey skrommel, I saw AHK released a new version a few days ago.  Any chance of recompiling IdleMute to see if it fixes these little bugs?  or did you contact Chris (ahk author) about it?  embarassed
LuckMan212
Charter Member

« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2006, 11:06:51 PM »

skrommel?
LuckMan212
Charter Member

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2006, 12:18:58 AM »

well I have done some digging in the AHK help file and made 2 small code changes to IdleMute and it seems to have fixed the problem of the program not un-muting upon mouse movement.  I recompiled this as v1.8a and  I have sent the mod to skrommel for verification that it works and then I assume he will post it for everyone.  It works for me!  Thmbsup  so happy to have my favorite tray utility back in full effect!!
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2006, 03:03:21 AM »

Thanks, lets wait for skrommel now smiley

Thank you.
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2006, 12:40:02 PM »

smiley Great job, LuckMan212! IdleMute works again!

I made an enquiry at AutoHotkey, but it seems we're the only ones with this problem, and I have had no luck in debugging.

Please tell me what changes you've made, and send me the sourcecode so I can post it!

Skrommel

skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2006, 12:41:04 PM »

And send me the icons, too, I think I like yours better!

Skrommel

skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2006, 12:57:13 PM »

undecided And we're back to square one...

I just downloaded the latest AutoHotkey to see if my version would work better, but now it's the other way around! Only the mouse works!

And that goes for LuckMan212's v1.8a, too!

SKrommel

« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 01:05:48 PM by skrommel » Logged

LuckMan212
Charter Member

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2006, 01:23:40 PM »

really? you sure?  beacuse it works for me.  1.8a works fine, both they keyboard or the mouse can be used to "wake" the computer from muted state.  I am going to post a link to my compiled version here for others to try, they can post their results as well.  This was compiled with the latest AHK (1.0.42.00).

As for the code changes, you will laugh at how simple the change was.  I simply used the alternate method of IdleTime check, in the AHK docs they have the 2 methods:
%A_TimeIdle% and %A_TimeIdlePhysical%

I changed the references on line 39 and 53 to %A_TimeIdle%.  I also updated the version string in the about box smiley

from the docs:
"Same as above but ignores artificial keystrokes and/or mouse clicks whenever the corresponding hook (keyboard or mouse) is installed. If neither hook is installed, this variable is equivalent to A_TimeIdle. If only one hook is present, only that one type of artificial input will be ignored. A_TimeIdlePhysical may be more useful than A_TimeIdle for determining whether the user is truly present."

I know that if the keyboard/mouse hooks are not installed, then according to the docs, %A_TimeIdle% and %A_TimeIdlePhysical% are supposed to be equal... so I think it may still be some kind of bug in AHK, where during execution somehow the keyboard hook is being installed (perhaps the compiler deemed it was necessary for some reason) and then the mouse hook is not installed or "real" mouse movement is being interpreted as artificial.

Anyway this is working for me, here are some links for downloads:
source code
icon set (just the hacked AutoHotkeySC.bin file)
IdleMute 1.8a compiled binary
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 02:50:37 PM by LuckMan212 » Logged
LuckMan212
Charter Member

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2006, 05:54:18 PM »

so has anyone else tried the version? does it work? skrommel has told me via email that it is still having issues on his system, however I believe he is using the .ahk file rather than the compiled binary and maybe that's why he's having a different result.  Would like to hear from anyone else whether 1.8a works for them when 'waking up' the computer via keyboard/mouse/or both.
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2006, 06:11:10 PM »

smiley It seems you're right, LuckMan!

I did try to change the %A_TimeIdlePhysical% to %A_TimeIdle% while debugging, but I only changed the first occurance in the source code! I forgot there were two of them! Thank's for noticing!

Please test the newly uploaded IdleMute v1.9 and report back!

I've added brotherS' second timer that kicks in after the system is muted and idle for a user defined time, and also moved the options around a bit.

Skrommel

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2006, 06:23:25 PM »

what teamwork!!! love it!!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy
LuckMan212
Charter Member

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2006, 06:37:51 PM »

skrommel, v1.9 works perfectly on my system!  Thmbsup  glad to hear that too because I was scratching my head as to why it wasn't working for you.  As for the new options, thats cool -- I think that will be useful! 

One small note, if the user had an old .ini file (as i did) when they launch the new version, the settings dialog shows "ERROR" for the 2 new parameters.  You might just want to set those values to null if they dont exist, and add the entries to the INI file as blanks, (I think you are doing this with the other options)

other that that, looks like another fine release from 1 Hour Software!!  cheesy
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2006, 05:01:25 AM »

Working here perfectly too, at least so far! cheesy

Thanks!

Thank you.
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2006, 02:25:38 AM »

This morning IdleMute didn't work correctly, the sound was unmuted before I even touched the mouse or keyboard after waking up.

Just another AHK script moved the mouse around - maybe related?

Thank you.
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2006, 02:43:59 PM »

tellme That sound righ, if you ask me. The A_TimeIdle is disturbed by a MouseMove, that's why I wanted to use A_TimeIdlePhysical.

Skrommel
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 05:56:26 PM by skrommel » Logged

LuckMan212
Charter Member

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2006, 06:46:14 PM »

yes that is the drawback to using A_TimeIdle.  For me it is OK, because I don't have any other scripts or apps that move my mouse.  But for now I guess its just a bug in AHK.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.045s | Server load: 0.01 ]