ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: IdleMute - Tray utility to mute speaker when you are away from the PC!

<< < (14/19) > >>

skrommel:
 :-\ And we're back to square one...

I just downloaded the latest AutoHotkey to see if my version would work better, but now it's the other way around! Only the mouse works!

And that goes for LuckMan212's v1.8a, too!

SKrommel

LuckMan212:
really? you sure?  beacuse it works for me.  1.8a works fine, both they keyboard or the mouse can be used to "wake" the computer from muted state.  I am going to post a link to my compiled version here for others to try, they can post their results as well.  This was compiled with the latest AHK (1.0.42.00).

As for the code changes, you will laugh at how simple the change was.  I simply used the alternate method of IdleTime check, in the AHK docs they have the 2 methods:
%A_TimeIdle% and %A_TimeIdlePhysical%

I changed the references on line 39 and 53 to %A_TimeIdle%.  I also updated the version string in the about box :)

from the docs:
"Same as above but ignores artificial keystrokes and/or mouse clicks whenever the corresponding hook (keyboard or mouse) is installed. If neither hook is installed, this variable is equivalent to A_TimeIdle. If only one hook is present, only that one type of artificial input will be ignored. A_TimeIdlePhysical may be more useful than A_TimeIdle for determining whether the user is truly present."

I know that if the keyboard/mouse hooks are not installed, then according to the docs, %A_TimeIdle% and %A_TimeIdlePhysical% are supposed to be equal... so I think it may still be some kind of bug in AHK, where during execution somehow the keyboard hook is being installed (perhaps the compiler deemed it was necessary for some reason) and then the mouse hook is not installed or "real" mouse movement is being interpreted as artificial.

Anyway this is working for me, here are some links for downloads:
source code
icon set (just the hacked AutoHotkeySC.bin file)
IdleMute 1.8a compiled binary

LuckMan212:
so has anyone else tried the version? does it work? skrommel has told me via email that it is still having issues on his system, however I believe he is using the .ahk file rather than the compiled binary and maybe that's why he's having a different result.  Would like to hear from anyone else whether 1.8a works for them when 'waking up' the computer via keyboard/mouse/or both.

skrommel:
 :) It seems you're right, LuckMan!

I did try to change the %A_TimeIdlePhysical% to %A_TimeIdle% while debugging, but I only changed the first occurance in the source code! I forgot there were two of them! Thank's for noticing!

Please test the newly uploaded IdleMute v1.9 and report back!

I've added brotherS' second timer that kicks in after the system is muted and idle for a user defined time, and also moved the options around a bit.

Skrommel

mouser:
what teamwork!!! love it!!!  :D :D :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version