ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: IdleMute - Tray utility to mute speaker when you are away from the PC!

<< < (2/19) > >>

brotherS:
@skrommel: Maybe you should put this on http://fileforum.betanews.com/ - I'd rate it 5/5 for sure and having it on such a site (which has many users and allows ratings and reviews) would get the word out faster and would also help to let more guys know about this great site!

mouser:
may i just note that it's always nice when someone submits a request like this which is well thought out and presented in detail; makes it easier to implement.  nice work luckman and skrommel.

brotherS:
-program is small (low memory/cpu) and unobtrusive
-LuckMan212 (November 21, 2005, 10:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
@skrommel: I just saw that IdleMute.exe uses 6 MB RAM and 3 to 8% CPU all the time here - huh?  :huh:
Would be great if you could reduce that.

Your wonderful script Ghoster.exe is using less than 3 MB RAM and almost 0% CPU.

skrommel:
 :) Try IdleMute v1.2. I've reduced the CPU usage and added my first proper Settings dialog!

The memory usage displayed by TaskManager is unreliable, here's what Chris, the author of AutoHotkey writes: http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2363

Skrommel

brotherS:
:) Try IdleMute v1.2. I've reduced the CPU usage and added my first proper Settings dialog!
-skrommel (November 26, 2005, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wow, what a great dialog!  :up:

Might I suggest a tiny addition for version 2.0? (the dialog is so great it needs a higher version :) ) Put an example in the text for the "What programs should prevent idle muting?" box, so that it would say "What programs should prevent idle muting? (Example: winamp.exe,vlc.exe" instead. That way people would know what the correct syntax is even when they delete what's in there when they start to use IdleTime (like I did) - if they want to add programs there 9 weeks later they probably won't remember.

At least I wouldn't ;)

Oh yeah, and I request another important GUI change: switch the "Cancel" and "OK" buttons - 99% of all apps show the "OK" button on the left hand.

CPU load is mostly at 0% now, jumps to 3% every now and then - I can live with that :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version