ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Want to add a subtle embossed watermark to a couple hudred photos

(1/2) > >>

tinjaw:
My girlfriend's online retail business has a couple hundred photos. Most of them she took herself. They are showing up in other online retail stores. I want to add a subtle watermark to all of the images on her site.

I am looking for a program that will allow me to easily add a subtle transparent embossed watermark. I want to be able to tinker with it until it looks the way I want it to, and then apply it proportionally to a bunch of images. I want to be able to use a GUI to tweak it and then a batch mode to apply it to all images.

A search of these forums doesn't provide any candidates. The only thing that came close was picture-shark, but it only works with a fixed-size watermark.

I will try to find some examples that look like what I want our images to look like and add them to this thread.

Thanks, as always, for your help.

Added:
Just after I posted this, I remembered GiveAwayOfTheDay having something like this and did a search. I found Watermark Factory 2. I looks good, but it priced a bit steep for our needs at $150 (business license). I'm hoping there is something free or low(er) cost.

Added:
As I suspected, Googling for "Watermark Factory" would cause ad-words to pony up some competitors. :-) I found a business license of WinWatermark is only $50. I'm getting closer. ;-)

FOUND!!!
Bytescout Watermarking

app103:
I am really surprised a Python lover like yourself doesn't have a copy of Paintshop Pro by now.

You could easily create a macro by recording actions in Paintshop Pro (and refine it in python if necessary) to repeat actions on a bunch of files.

I would pick a font I wanted to use, add a new layer, add text to that layer in the color I wanted, adjust the transparency of the layer till it was just how I wanted (on the layers palette) and then play back the macro of actions in batch process. (I have never done this with text so I am unsure if you will have to set the actual text with python, manually)

You could even record/script it to create thumbnails of all the images, at the same time.

Or you could use small tiled text (alternating black & white so it will show no matter what color the image is) on a diagonal angle, flood fill with it on a new layer so it repeats across the whole image. (that would make it much more difficult to remove)

tinjaw:
We have a winner !!!

I found Bytescout Watermark. It has tonnes more features that the other programs I looked at and it's very reasonably priced. I purchased a copy already and should have the watermarked photos up on the site in a half hour.

f0dder:
app103: when was Python scripting added to PSP? In the annoying Corel versions, or previously?

housetier:

I exclusively use imagemagick to manipulate a batch of files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version