ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: WMP mouse control

(1/3) > >>

Massyboy:
I've been thinking, I often fall asleep with my laptop on timer and my music playing via Windows Media Player.  Could a program be made whereby when the laptop is screen is closed or via a keystroke command, the mouse becomes a WMP controller whereby the left mouse button would be play/pause, right mouse button is stop (I'm using a Logitech VX Nano) the right mouse scroll direction becomes next song with the left becoming previous.  The mouse scroll wheel can then dictate volume.  If these functions could then become configurable then this would be a fantastic app that I'm sure would be of use to a lot of people

mouser:
thats a nice idea.  :up:

Massyboy:
Cheers.  I've just been thinking about how I songs could be changed without opening the laptop up each time and thought this would be the best place to come :)

mouser:
it should be said that there are some very good hardware solutions to this problem, like a usb remote control (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880109001) which will do what you want but let you control volume, and more, and be usable from across the room.

Massyboy:
Not seen anything like this in the UK but there may be something I guess.  Would be nice to have a software solution too tho if anyone is able to code such a mega useful piece of kit as I have a wireless mouse that I can use from the other side of the room :P 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version