ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

XYPlorer ($15) Nov 24 at BDJ

<< < (3/6) > >>

superboyac:
Whoa!  It's unusual for this to happen at DC, let's not break the great spirit of this site.

Josh, I feel it's a little unfair to call a program overrated due to a missing feature that is rather subtle.  It may not be the program you're looking for because you really need that feature, but I don't think it's a bad program because of it.  I don't think you meant that, though, at least, I didn't read it that way.

Anyway, personally, I feel XYplorer is a good program.  I use DOpus mainly, and Total Commander for backup or for obscure tasks now and then, but I've tried XYPlorer and was more than satisfied with it.  And the author is pretty receptive to user's needs.  Furthermore, Zaine (used) to highly recommend it and I respect his opinion on stuff like this.

There are so many choices for file managers.  A lot of them are good.  That's great for us, because we can get whatever we want!

Darwin:
Not much to add beyond what's already been stated by superboyac and João - just wanted to add my support to the perspective that they're both offering and to reiterate their request for calmer heads to prevail. I'd hate to see this escalate on either this forum or over on the XYplorer forums (or anywhere else, for that matter).

Dormouse:
Honestly, I don't think there's need for Don to offend Josh, and I don't think it's right for Josh to attack Don's work so fiercely.
Anyway, Josh: if you feel so strongly about XYplorer not being a good file manager, you could just not use it and go on with your bussiness :) -jgpaiva (November 18, 2008, 03:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I read and re-read Josh's 1st post in this thread and don't see that as a fierce attack. Dislikes many little nuances, says its not for him, says Dopus is nearly as bad and thanks superboyac for the find. It may be that he has attacked it more strongly in another place - but I don't see it in his first post in this thread. CWuestefeld is more critical. And Don's post is undoubtedly insulting to both. I don't want to add fuel to the apparent flames, but I think that trying to calm things by inaccurately suggesting that the tone in the posts is equivalent is not the way to go.

Darwin:
João is referring to the FileForum postings and an exchange that occured on the XYPlorer forum, I think...

Dormouse:
I appreciate that might be the case (but have no wish to check), but I think it is important not to import the antagonism and bitterness that might be expressed in other forums here. I don't think Josh's post did, but can see that can have happened with Don's.

Equally, I don't think it is for us while we are here to express views on what is acceptable on other forums, some of which are very fiery or crude. OTT posts in other places need to be dealt with there and not here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version