ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

XYPlorer ($15) Nov 24 at BDJ

<< < (2/6) > >>

Josh:
DonL: I realize you feel that I am posting more than one review on fileforum, but this is not the place to argue that. I have a single account, Metshrine, and apologize if you feel that because my post instigated others to finally post negative reviews on fileforum, that those similar posts are me in disguise. I suggest you sit back and realize that others may share my point of view and that they finally realized that they too can voice their opinion.

Now, I am asking the administration to remove your post here as it is a direct attack on me and I do not appreciate it. I am sorry that your software is unable to do what other programs can do, and that it has many other bugs/issues which seem to go unresolved version after version, but that is not my fault nor my place to try and consoul you into seeing how I view things.

Deal with it and move on.

Mouser, I ask that this be handled.

CWuestefeld:
The opposite is true.
-DonL (November 18, 2008, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, well now I understand completely, and see exactly how I went wrong.

About the run dialog (Josh, aka Metshrine is serial-punishing me in fileforum for months now, poor idiot): If you allow yourself to think for a minute: This is a system function. Run dialog = system component. Not software feature. Got it?

And for the future: Before you talk bad about something in public, please get to know it first, or simply shut up.
-DonL (November 18, 2008, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Had you read my post, you'd see that this works in DOpus. It's able to replace Windows Explorer with itself, so (almost) everything that Explorer will do, DOpus will instead. It's that simple.

Perhaps before you call someone out, calling them idiots or telling them to shut up, you should make sure you're not putting your own foot in your mouth.

Josh:
Mouser, this post needs to be removed. I am sorry, but the fact that DonL attacks someone like this on DC is not appreciated.

kartal:
Xyplorer is a nice piece of software. It is true that it is not a software for casual using. You just need to get into it and start modifying, collecting scripts etc.

I can actually run Xyplorer within any other application, I also can enable Xyplorer in "run" mode in which it comes with the adress bar in the middle of the screen. But I use ahk global keys for these. So it is possible.

jgpaiva:
note as an xyplorer user: I've been using xyplorer for some time, and consider it a fine piece of software, at least good enough for me to miss it when I'm using a PC that doesn't have it.
Nevertheless, even if I didn't consider XY a good file explorer, I don't think it's correct for people to attack each other for such thing. Honestly, I don't think there's need for Don to offend Josh, and I don't think it's right for Josh to attack Don's work so fiercely.
XYplorer is what it is: and alternative in the field of file explorers, and sure has its upsides and downsides, but those should be discussed sanelly, not with personal offenses.
Anyway, Josh: if you feel so strongly about XYplorer not being a good file manager, you could just not use it and go on with your bussiness :)

note as a mod: I will not delete any posts, as I leave that decision for mouser

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version