ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

XYPlorer ($15) Nov 24 at BDJ

<< < (5/6) > >>

kartal:
Give Don some credit please. He is releasing a patch every couple days. That is so rare in this business. Software development is hard, bitching is easy. I personally think that the bitching should be directed to the developer and should be done in private unless the developer chooses not to respond to the user questions and features.In this case, I thought that Don has been very very responsive and responsible at least under Xyplorer forums.

DonL:
Addendum to explain my rage: Indeed the offensive "serial punishment" comments have been removed from FileForum yesterday. Leaving XYplorer with 206 votes and an average rating of 4.1/5 points. This morning, exactly 10 hours later, I see 220 votes and 3.9/5 points (just enough to change the color of the ratings graphic from silver to bronce). Do the math and you see: Somebody (whether one or more cannot be safely said) has given XYplorer 14 times a 1/5 rating. Since you cannot vote two times with the same account, he must have created 14 accounts just to achieve this. So, how would you feel if you were me?

Josh:
DonL: As I said, the application is OK. It is just not my cup of tea due to many little quirks about it which I do not like. Most of which are minor and I can overlook, but a lack in functionality which causes me to be non-productive is something I will rate down. I am sorry that someone is smearing you on fileforum, but I assure you, my sole account is Metshrine.

Anyways, Peace, I do not want to ruin this thread any further. Let others speak to the merits of this application as just because it is not for me, it might be for others.

Dormouse:
Addendum to explain my rage: Indeed the offensive "serial punishment" comments have been removed from FileForum yesterday. Leaving XYplorer with 206 votes and an average rating of 4.1/5 points. This morning, exactly 10 hours later, I see 220 votes and 3.9/5 points (just enough to change the color of the ratings graphic from silver to bronce). Do the math and you see: Somebody (whether one or more cannot be safely said) has given XYplorer 14 times a 1/5 rating. Since you cannot vote two times with the same account, he must have created 14 accounts just to achieve this. So, how would you feel if you were me?-DonL (November 19, 2008, 02:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
I can understand why you are suspicious, and factually you may or may not be right - I don't know - though Josh denies it.

However, that is an issue you should be raising in/with FileForum and not here. Josh's tone in his comments here was much more moderate than yours, and I do not believe that a more aggressive tone should be imported into this forum. What I'd also say is that aggression and insults from a vendor, however justified the feelings behind them may be, are likely to be very offputting to potential customers.

Even more so when out of context and with no immediately visible back story.

DonL:
Addendum to explain my rage: Indeed the offensive "serial punishment" comments have been removed from FileForum yesterday. Leaving XYplorer with 206 votes and an average rating of 4.1/5 points. This morning, exactly 10 hours later, I see 220 votes and 3.9/5 points (just enough to change the color of the ratings graphic from silver to bronce). Do the math and you see: Somebody (whether one or more cannot be safely said) has given XYplorer 14 times a 1/5 rating. Since you cannot vote two times with the same account, he must have created 14 accounts just to achieve this. So, how would you feel if you were me?-DonL (November 19, 2008, 02:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
I can understand why you are suspicious, and factually you may or may not be right - I don't know - though Josh denies it.

However, that is an issue you should be raising in/with FileForum and not here. Josh's tone in his comments here was much more moderate than yours, and I do not believe that a more aggressive tone should be imported into this forum. What I'd also say is that aggression and insults from a vendor, however justified the feelings behind them may be, are likely to be very offputting to potential customers.

Even more so when out of context and with no immediately visible back story.
-Dormouse (November 19, 2008, 02:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, I blew a fuse. Sorry about that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version