ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Thumb trackball wanted

<< < (2/5) > >>

nite_monkey:
I wish I had a thumb tackball. I tried to use one that had the ball in the center, but I did't like it. I need my scroll wheel. when I buy a new mouse I will defently have to see if I can find one of the logitech ones.

edit: I have one question though. Why would you need a cordless trackball? The only reason I could think of needing a wireless mouse is because the cable gets tangled up, and when you are moving the mouse around, it will only go so far, so you have to yank on it. With that said, a trackball almost never moves from its current spot, so I don't see what the cordless trackballs are needed for.

wiiiindy:
I would say if you had a laptop that you moved around the house - like to the recliner in front of the TV - you might want to retain your favorite mousing device without fooling around with a cord.  Other than that.....?

ewemoa:
I wish I had a thumb tackball. I tried to use one that had the ball in the center, but I did't like it. I need my scroll wheel.
-nite_monkey (November 17, 2008, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought a trackball with a ball in the center wouldn't work out too -- but I found a Kensington one that has a scroll ring around the ball and although it took a bit of getting used to, I'm happily adjusted to it now :)

http://us.kensington.com/html/2200.html

Deozaan:
I wish I had a thumb tackball. I tried to use one that had the ball in the center, but I did't like it. I need my scroll wheel.
-nite_monkey (November 17, 2008, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought a trackball with a ball in the center wouldn't work out too -- but I found a Kensington one that has a scroll ring around the ball and although it took a bit of getting used to, I'm happily adjusted to it now :)

http://us.kensington.com/html/2200.html
-ewemoa (November 17, 2008, 06:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

$100 for a mouse? It better be good for that price. As for me, I'll stick with my $30 thumb Trackman from Logitech.

ewemoa:
It's true it was expensive -- though I believe I picked it up for less at Amazon -- but I've been a pretty happy user of it.  Perhaps I should try a thumb-based one sometime -- I may not have given one a fair chance (just casual attempts of models on display).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version