ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Thumb trackball wanted

(1/5) > >>

wiiiindy:
I own and love a Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0.   The trackball is thumb operated and it has 5 configurable buttons (including depressing the scroll wheel).   Of course I seem to be the only one left in the known universe who likes a thumb trackball since Microsoft and all other mouse manufacturers seem to have stopped making them.

I am worried that if anything happens to this one I'll be forced back into the pack having to move the mouse around or using an ordinary trackball.  I have thus searched a ton of stores on and off line and have gone to eBay in desparation.  On eBay the few I found were from questionable sellers, used (too risky), or more than I want to pay (especially since I don't believe any are really new - I have puchased new on eBay before and gotten reconditioned).

Picture is attached and info on the product can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=10426173-9aba-45eb-b7ce-af9ef9724d3d&type=ovr

Bottom line:  Anyone know of a reliable source for the product or a comparable product that I have somehow failed to come across in my search?  Maybe you have one you didn't like and so didn't use much tucked away in a drawer?

BTW - this is the one and only Microsoft product I have ever owned that I really liked (although I just don't have enough motivation yet to change OS).  I have had it since 1998 if I remember correctly and it still works perfectly - with occasional removal of lint.

Deozaan:
Logitech still makes them:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/trackballs/&cl=us,en

cranioscopical:
I went through the same thing a year or so ago.  Trackballs seemed to vanish from the local stores.
FWIW I bought a few Logitech models from here which all were good, and cheap (I'm using one right now).
I'm not associated with this outfit in any way but the odd item(s) that I've bought from them all have arrived well-packed and in good working order. 
I'll buy from them again without qualms if/when they have something I can't find locally.

[edit: can't spell]

wiiiindy:
Holy Cow!  I clicked on your link and there is a logitech thumb operated trackball on the first page!  Someone forgot to tell the Logitech webmaster because I have checked for such a thing on their website.  Sadly it apparently has only 3 buttons but I am ordering one anyway.

Thanks much Cranio!

wiiiindy:
Thanks Deozann!  I don't know how I missed it - maybe I wasn't desparate enough when I was hunting and dismissed it because it didn't have enough buttons.  Logitech was the first place I looked I am pretty sure.

Anyway thanks to both of you for quick and useful responses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version