Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 23, 2014, 02:16:49 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: huge Google Calendar problem!  (Read 3634 times)
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

To make a difference, be different.

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 16, 2008, 12:26:37 PM »

Hi,

I love Google Calendar! Or better: I USED to love it, because the 5th of November was the last day I received SMS and email reminders... Sad Only popup reminders still work... I waited this long because I hoped the problem would be fixed within several days, but it seems not to be a wide-spread problem - at least I couldn't find any current discussions or news reports about it on the web.

What to do?

Thank you.
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 03:27:56 PM »

I'm not sure. Have you tried contacting Google?

brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 03:59:53 PM »

No, and I'm not sure how and where would make most sense anyway. embarassed

Thank you.
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 04:45:08 PM »

I'd start here: http://www.google.com/support/calendar/?hl=en

Or specifically this one:

If you've noticed that you're no longer receiving event notifications, reset the calendar's notification settings to resolve this issue. To do so, follow these steps:

1. In the calendar list on the left, click the down-arrow button next to the appropriate calendar, then select Notifications. (Alternatively, click the Settings link at the bottom of the calendar list, then click the Notifications link to the right of the appropriate calendar.)
   2. Click the remove link next to each reminder set in the Event reminder section.
   3. Deselect any selected boxes in the Choose how you would like to be notified section.
   4. Click Save.
   5. Return to the Notifications settings page.
   6. Enable your desired notification options again.
   7. Click Save.

brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 05:24:04 PM »

I'd start here: http://www.google.com/support/calendar/?hl=en

Or specifically this one:

If you've noticed that you're no longer receiving event notifications, reset the calendar's notification settings to resolve this issue. To do so, follow these steps:

1. In the calendar list on the left, click the down-arrow button next to the appropriate calendar, then select Notifications. (Alternatively, click the Settings link at the bottom of the calendar list, then click the Notifications link to the right of the appropriate calendar.)
   2. Click the remove link next to each reminder set in the Event reminder section.
   3. Deselect any selected boxes in the Choose how you would like to be notified section.
   4. Click Save.
   5. Return to the Notifications settings page.
   6. Enable your desired notification options again.
   7. Click Save.
Thanks! I found the same information on their site by myself (because I only read the email notifying me of your reply before you edited the post - and not the post in the forum, hehe) and immediately tried it, but it's not working for me.

I now contacted Google's support, curious to see how quick (and how good) they are! smiley

Thank you.
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 09:47:43 AM »

I now contacted Google's support, curious to see how quick (and how good) they are! smiley
I must say I'm a bit disappointed... no reply yet, and it still isn't working. Still hope!

Thank you.
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 03:42:42 AM »

Still no reply from Google, BUT something happened just shortly after the roll-out of GMail's new (great) Themes roughly 10 hours ago: ~8 hours ago I received the daily event summary for the 6th (!!!) of November. I then did *not* receive it for today, but received reminders correctly for the first scheduled event.

Let's hope it's finally fixed! Thmbsup

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0.04 ]