topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: MakeUseOf.com: 3 More Tools to Bring Power to the Right Click Menu (Windows)  (Read 8108 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Make sure you read the previous posts linked to at the top of this entry, and you'll have a nice roundup of context menu enhancement tools for windows.

Earlier we have looked at ways to customize the right click menu on your own or use the free ‘Mmm’ to do it for you.  We have also looked at ways to clean up all the rubble from the right click context menu here. But here I am back again looking at three more ways to give my right click menu a booster shot.

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Some pretty nifty and nice tools.
Better then previous ones I've seen here and there.

Here's one for Firefox for downloading.
I thought it was useful, cause I put pics in one folder and apps in another. Saves having to move it after downloading.

https://addons.mozil...S/firefox/addon/4902

TPReal

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I remember the first thing that threw me off when I started working with Eclipse was its huuuge right-click menu, with lots of mysterious words in it, and half of positions with firther submenus... Sometimes I prefer to spend a second or two longer on something than to have a right-click menu clutter half of the screen :) So I guess I'm not going to use any of those, even though they do look useful for someone who likes such stuff. Bookmarked - in case I changed my mind.

By the way, does anybody know a way to remove positions from Eclipse right-click menu? I don't remember ever using about half of them, and most of them are also accessible from the main menu.

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nice

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Been using File Menu Tools for a while  - I especially like the 'copy Directory Path!'  :Thmbsup:

Make sure you read the previous posts linked to at the top of this entry, and you'll have a nice roundup of context menu enhancement tools for windows.
  Am I missing something? ;D

biox

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Very nice :D Thanks :Thmbsup: for the tip.

After 10 minutes. Just tried their notepad too. Launches faster than Note++. That's what I was looking for. Time to start un-installing, jEdit (nice but slow), EditPlus3 (fast, but the version I have isn't really real :-\, I don't like that), Note++ has gotten slower with every new version. I'm not really a programmer so all I need is opening a text file fast but with tabs and an explorer please.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 06:22 AM by biox »