FIXED: Now resizable, and size will persist - make the "Load Servers" window resiszable or at least bigger, it now shows only 4.5 streams at once.
FIXED: Now deleting anything where Pos() of "http://" is above 1 or = 0- in the "Load Servers" window, hide the "#EXTINF" lines
FIXED: Added Mutex to prevent 2nd instance - running the .exe again while cause to load a second copy :-/
FIXED: Added Mutex to prevent 2nd instance - if you could, make it check if it's exe is already running when it's started: if it's...
FIXED: Changed form style to sizeable, enabled maximizi button - let the user change the size
ADDED: Save form state/size(persistant) on close
- add the "enable" checkmarks
- add something like skrommel's *great* "watch for song titles or artist names" idea (see above)
- let the user change what kind of info that window should show
- I would prefer a much smaller window, where I could have just the info most important to me visible,
- allow the user to give the streams 'nick names', so that one knows *which* stream is "NA" (see #3 in screenshot)
- allowing 'nick names' would also help to prevent problems with extremely long stream names (see #4 in screenshot)
Thanks for the new version, looking forward for the next one already! bugs:
- (MAJOR) GUI does not show up on startup (confusing), it should start up empty IMHO and then load the info (or add an option for that)
- (MAJOR) if hit the "Load" button, then select "Add by playlist" and in the next window don't
even select a playlist but just click "Finish" it deleted
streams from the main window! I tried the same again, and another stream vanished. I then quit ShoutCast Concierge and started it again - just to see the streams were just deleted from the GUI and I now had quite a few duplicate entries...
- (MAJOR) if ShoutCast Concierge isn't able to load a stream, it will go on trying forever, not loading the streams after that
- (MAJOR) after working perfectly for maybe 5 hours I just noticed ShoutCast Concierge stopped updating one of the streams sometimes in the last 2 to 4 hours. It still displays the title of a show that ended 2 hours and 10 minutes ago
- (minor) in the "Load servers" window, when scrolling up and down a list of ~60 stations imported from a playlist, there's sometimes a noticeable delay, the window just freezes for a second or so before it scrolls down to where you tried to move the slider
- (minor) clicking the stream URLs does not open a browser window to load them (Windows 2000 Pro here)
- (minor) the size of the slider in the main window does not represent the size of the window. It's so small that it looks like there are ~100 other streams, but there are just 4 as of nowsuggestions for to do list:
- ESC should close the "Load servers" window
- ESC should minimize the main window to the tray
- in the main window, rename the "OK" button to "minimize"
- add an "mark/highlight stream if stream title contains..." option and let the user define a few words for which ShoutCast Concierge checks the titles. Example: "live" --> that would highlight/mark those streams playing live shows right now (which contain the string "live" in the title). This is kinda related to that suggestion to change the playing stream in Winamp when it contains certain words/a certain string, but instead this should only somehow mark the stream where the title matches a specified string.
- in addition to that "mark/highlight stream if stream title contains..." option, what about being able to define a .wav sample that would be played if a stream triggers the 'alarm'?
- also in addition to that, you could popup a tray balloon that just says "Stream XXXXXX matches "[trigger]: [STREAM TITLE]"
- let the user decide in which order the info is displayed and what is displayed. Example: in the first line the current title, second line the stream name (and don't show the URL at all)
- allow to set a "save space mode" where "Current Title:" would be just "T:", "Stream" would be "S:" and "Stream URL:" would be "U:"
- let the user choose the font size: I'd like a bigger font size, but for the titles only
- let the user enter text that will never be displayed. Example: if a stream title is "Anonymous Artist - Feels Strange - Jazzdrive - 24/7 Greatest Industrial Speed-Jazz Ever on the Planet, check it out!!!" one would enter "- 24/7 Greatest Industrial Speed-Jazz Ever on the Planet, check it out!!!" into that option and from now on see only titles like "Anonymous Artist - Feels Strange - Jazzdrive"
- let the user set the maximum length for each of the fields (separately). Example: title length: 120 characters, stream title length: 85 characters
- add option to have the ShoutCast Concierge window always in the foreground, combined
with an option to automatically hide it if another app uses full-screen mode (the video player for example)
- maybe allow users to set the transparency of the main window (in %) if you add the "always in the foreground" option
- add ability to change the order of the streams in the main windows, maybe by adding a "Manage" button next to the "Load" button, which will open a new window where you can move the streams a) to top b) up c) down d) to buttom?
- when clicking "Add by Playlist" in the "Load Servers" window, the "Select Playlist" field in the next window that opens should be filled with the past of the last playlist that was used in this window
- add auto-dupe checker: when adding a stream, check if the exact URL
is already imported - don't check only for stream title please