ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Communal Idea Thread

<< < (3/5) > >>

iphigenie:
I am about to chicken out - I am a client/server and web developer, and the last time I did anything desktop-ey was playing with visual age C++ on OS/2 to learn the basic APIs. I haven't got a clue how to do a "normal" application.

I thought I would if I could find an idea, but most of my ideas are the kind of software i wish someone were doing, and totally out of my reach. The only think i can imagine doing is a password generator for passwords that are strong but possible to remember. But frankly, there are a couple already out there i think.

iphigenie:
Here's an idea:

"Purchase LockBox"

* This would be a utility where you add items to a list, specifying a description and it's cost.
* The program's job is to prevent you from spending money on large items on a whim.
* So when you put in a new entry, it adds a column that tells you how many days until you can buy the item, starting at 30 days.
* Every day you must bring up the program and push a button indicating that you still think buying the item is a good idea.
* If you fail to do this for any 24 hour period, the delay will reset back to 30 days.
* So only if you continue to indicate each day that you think buying the item is a good idea, will you reach the end of the 30 day period and be "permitted" to buy it.
* This also gives your "significant other" time to spot your intentions and put the kibosh on it.-mouser (November 14, 2008, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is actually a cool idea, and would get coverage on all the thrifty/simplicity etc. blogs out there, possibly even lifehack and the like

computerfritze:
any idea for me?
i´ve already submitted a program, and search a new idea to code for my second submission

fenixproductions:
2computerfritze
How good are you with databases (SQLite I think) and threading?

You could create files indexing application which would use Total Commander's plugins for special attributes. Since I saw you've used .NET in your last app I could provide you the code for handling WDX files (or other plugs) from Comparer application. They might be "dirty" but by joining forces together we could create something really awesome.

computerfritze:
Good Idea, I like it very much :) :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version