ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Unicode??

(1/5) > >>

geoff915:
I can't seem to find the issue of Unicode having been addressed previously. Is there any chance that we will see Unicode support sometime in the future? I consider FARR to be vastly superior and preferable to the alternatives I've seen... except that one issue.

Should I hold out hope, or resign myself to manually calling up Launchy on the occasions when I have to use international characters?

mouser:
I'm afraid the bad news is that unicode support for FARR probably won't come anytime soon.  Launchy may be your best bet for such things for the time being.

I'm definitely not ruling out unicode in the future -- there has been some discussion about rewriting FARR for a future version, and if i do that, i will make it unicode compatible -- i just don't want to try to patch it into the current codebase.

duchamp:
Thank you, Mouser.
We are waiting for the unicode support.

echo:
Did I miss something ?   :huh:

When the term "UNICODE" is used - do you mean entering foreign language characters into the FARR search field ?
I ask because - I do it in the present - and it works
So I must be missing something here.

I will appreciate some clarification for my own education  :)

f0dder:
echo: yes, UNICODE means - basically - "foreign characters". SOME already work in FARR, but it's limited to the codepage you're running. Ie., with a Danish codepage I can enter "æøåÆØÅäëöüï" and stuff like that without problems, but FARR fails miserably for Chinese, Russian, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version