topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Locate32 saved searches as folders in Explorer (shell namespace objects)  (Read 4487 times)

tmpusr

• Joined in 2005
  • Instantiation stuck in meatspace with no backup
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This is so obvious it probably has been suggested already. Searches as shell namespace objects (folder views). You just click the (virtual) folder and see the results of the search and can work with them just like in a Locate window. Couldn't be simpler and easier. Right click the folder to configure search terms. Ctrl-drag to copy. Place them in any folder (as junctions?), but if not possible, with the Shell Object Editor, you can at least add them to the Desktop or My Computer.

jmj

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Author of Locate32
    • View Profile
    • Locate32
    • Donate to Member
Umm... I usually like to see suggestion for Locate32 in the Locate32's forum, but maybe in this case this is a good place. This could be implemented rather independently using any development tools. (And personally I have no time for this, too.)

If someone would like to work with this, I can provide support to integrate this to Locate32 and make modifications to Locate32.exe if needed. More info is posted here.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:52 PM by jmj »