ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Intro

<< < (16/25) > >>

rulfzid:
I'd like to participate (mostly AHK coding), but don't have any ideas of my own (that I'll be able to implement by Jan. 1 - I've got some bigger things brewing and not enough time).

Is it too late to join?

If not, I'm looking for ideas. I looked at the communal idea thread: the virtual folder thing (at a quick glance) might be a little beyond me atm, but I'll need to take a closer look. I can probably pull of the mouse-wheel scroll thing pretty easily, so I suppose I could start with that.

I want to play, but I'm definitely looking for some inspiration - any more ideas?

-rulfzid

fenixproductions:
2rulfzid
Idea for you: text generator.

Sometimes I need to generate quickly plain text numbered lists for various purposes.

It might be even better to allow to define formatting styles (BBCode, HTML), repeated content schemes (ex. user will need five times "added:" sentence ) or auto-counters (ex. each list item will start with different number: 1, 2, 3, ...) for it.

Utility for automizing text writing in such way could be great.

Perry Mowbray:
Is it too late to join?
-rulfzid (December 08, 2008, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Certainly not! In fact we're thinking of officially extending the Pledge Deadline - the more the merrier!

If you'd like to pledge your commitment, just do it here (you don't necessarily have a completed proposal) and PM me.

fenixproductions:
2rulfzid
Extending generator idea more:
Many applications allow you to search for some phrases using Regular Expressions but I've never seen text generator which could parse RegExp. It would be killing feature.

Imagine that you write "f[eE]nix " and tool generates "fenix fEnix ".

Or you write "(t[eE]st \n){3}" and see:

--- ---test tEst
test tEst
test tEst

deviantopian:
Imagine that you write "f[eE]nix " and tool generates "fenix fEnix ".-fenixproductions (December 09, 2008, 04:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
I love that idea. Wouldn't it get a little out of hand with complicated regular expressions though?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version