Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 19, 2014, 03:02:02 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NANY 2009 Intro  (Read 61243 times)
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 09:09:20 AM »

Additionally, it wouldn't count if it was in Ruby.  Wink Python progams get extra credit!

TPReal
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 09:10:51 AM »

Additionally, it wouldn't count if it was in Ruby.  Wink Python progams get extra credit!
I disagree! My program will definitely be in Ruby smiley

computerfritze
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 09:54:30 AM »

I would participate in NANY 2009

--
Greets, computerfritze
VideoInPicture
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 10:35:51 AM »

Ok, I'm in. I have had this idea I've really wanted to get a start on for a long time. I'm not sure if it can be totally completed by year end but I will at least have a working copy of the program/web service.

Author of Circle Dock: http://circledock.wikidot.com
Author of Video In Picture: http://videoinpicture.wikidot.com
Author of Webcam Signature: http://webcamsignature.wikidot.com
Author of Easy Unicode Paster: http://easyunicodepaster.wikidot.com
VideoInPicture
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 12:39:30 PM »

Oh, BTW, it just so happens that the new project I want to start fits into the theme of "saving." smiley It is something that is practical and has some important real life uses. I also just realized that this project might be quite useful for one of the engineering teams at my university.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 12:42:56 PM by VideoInPicture » Logged

Author of Circle Dock: http://circledock.wikidot.com
Author of Video In Picture: http://videoinpicture.wikidot.com
Author of Webcam Signature: http://webcamsignature.wikidot.com
Author of Easy Unicode Paster: http://easyunicodepaster.wikidot.com
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 12:57:31 PM »

this is really looking like it's going to be a big NANY event this year!
Gothi[c]
DC Server Admin
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 01:36:39 PM »

Urlwolf raises a very good point...
If it doesn't qualify for NANY, then I think we should have a yearly contribute to F/OSS thing too then tongue
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 01:38:17 PM »

a yearly contribute to F/OSS thing too then

sounds like a good idea actually.
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2008, 01:52:36 PM »

a yearly contribute to F/OSS thing too then

sounds like a good idea actually.

I second that.

I am not sure which is better: 1) Having it during summer recess for students or 2) half-way through the calendar year to balance out with NANY.

I am not sure if being on summer break will increase or decrease participation.

hollowlife1987
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2008, 07:37:12 PM »

I'll try and get my program ready for time for NANY
Gothi[c]
DC Server Admin
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2008, 09:33:07 PM »

During summer you'd have to compete with google summer of code...
brett
Charter Member

Australia

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2008, 02:00:14 AM »

Woo Hoo, another DC coffee mug to be gained, I'm in.

Imagine having a original Google Coffee cup, and what it would be worth.
So having a set of 3 DC mugs must be worth a fortune. True collectors items.

And looks like a big field of players this year.

Thanks for the effort Mouser and team

Brett

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2008, 02:03:29 PM »

Let's all join NANY so we can make mouser to go broke sending us free mugs! Wink

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2008, 06:10:59 PM »

The more the merrier!

ps. yes, people can team up to work on one nany project.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2008, 12:32:37 PM »

ps. If you are curious about past NANY events, you can read about the original first NANY challenge in 2006 here: http://www.donationcoder....um/index.php?topic=6231.0
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »

ps. If you are curious about past NANY events, you can read about the original first NANY challenge in 2006 here: http://www.donationcoder....um/index.php?topic=6231.0

Heh heh. I like how that was posted in November 2006 but it says all the apps will be posted by January 1st, 2006.

mahesh2k
Supporting Member

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2008, 02:58:37 AM »

Let's all join NANY so we can make mouser to go broke sending us free mugs!

LOL deozaan

Now more participants will bring excitement, it doesn't matter how many problems we'll solve but it'll be interesting to see how many of us comes forward to solve problems, so good luck for everybody.
darklight_tr
Charter Member

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2008, 12:28:17 PM »

D'oh!  If only I hadn't released CHKDSK Assist already...

I would participate, but the only thing I'm working on right now is a GUI based replacement to File Propagator.

Does it count that I am rewriting it from the ground up?  Wink
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »

if you are rewriting something from the ground up i think it counts as a new application.
tranglos
Supporting Member

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2008, 01:47:50 PM »

I'd like to pledge the project described here. A basic alpha might be ready by Jan 1st, but at the moment it's still vaporware, as described in that post smiley

On edit: I don't have a name for this yet and could certainly use some suggestions. Obvious names like "filebox", "fileset" etc are taken, and it's not exactly "virtual folders", though it's in the ballpark.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 01:49:30 PM by tranglos » Logged

darklight_tr
Charter Member

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2008, 02:23:18 PM »

if you are rewriting something from the ground up i think it counts as a new application.

Sweet!  I'm in then!
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2008, 12:27:43 PM »

I'm in.  Not sure which of my many uncompleted apps I'm going to try to get finished... but I'll get something done!

Gothi[c]
DC Server Admin
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2008, 05:59:45 PM »

I hereby pledge to create a NANY app this year.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2008, 07:08:37 PM »

The participation this year looks like it's going to top last year -- yay!  Kiss Kiss Kiss
Ehtyar
Supporting Member

That News Guy

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2008, 10:39:52 PM »

Terrific idea smiley

I'm going to tentatively pledge (I will make it a certainty before the pledge deadline if it will be done in time), though my app will be of extremely little use to anyone for anything practical. I'm really only submitting it to NANY 'coz I know Mouse Man will cry me a river if I don't at least try to participate this year tongue

Ehtyar.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.051s | Server load: 0.02 ]