ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Direct Access 2.0 - Getting Too Pricey for Me!

<< < (5/6) > >>

wraith808:
I'll just keep using the current version- no problems with it. :)

Darwin:
I'll just keep using the current version- no problems with it. :)
-wraith808 (November 20, 2008, 12:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes - that's most likely what I shall do as well...

On a side-note - I bought ActiveWords about four years ago and it's STILL being updated free of charge - three updates in the past three months. It's gotten much more stable and I have it installed on both my Vista and my XP notebooks (very generous licencing scheme allows me to use it on pretty much any computer to which I have access). I don't use it (or any other launcher) all that much, but I am impressed with it after having given up on it a couple of years ago. Don't know at what point a release was made that addressed my objections, but as it stands today it is a very fine application, and not terribly expensive ($49, I believe). It has addins that provide system wide spell checking (my complaint with it is that AFACIT it doesn't have an option to give you any choice between alternate spellings), phrase complete, insertion of boiler text, etc. etc. Worth a look.

FWIW - I currently use FARR more than anything else  :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
Day-to-day I use a combination of FARR, DA, and NextStart/WorkShelf/Nexus.  Just depends on what I'm launching and how often I launch it- and whether my hand is on the keyboard or mouse at the point I want to launch something.

yksyks:
For quite some time I've settled on using:

* HotkeyP for launching often used stuff with single hotkeys (I have dozens of them)

* FARR for launching no so often used applications or opening documents

* PhraseExpress for inserting phrases and auto-correcting typos, but not for launching anything

Curt:
If you buy an upgrade to Direct Access 2.0 by the 5th December 2008, we are happy to extend your upgrade subscription to the 31st December 2009 (instead of the standard 12 months). With upgrade protection you will get Direct Access 2.0 and all the future versions released in a year. And of course, Direct Access is yours to keep: you will be able to continue using the version you got during your subscription period after it has expired.-Anrea Nagar
--- End quote ---

This time he avoided the can/cannot babbling

- and offers an extra four weeks of license. Wow, I am impressed (or am I?)!

Direct Access 2.0 BETA (v.1.9.9.6) contains a number of fixes (thanks everybody for reporting them in the forum) and a new major feature: the ability to define separator characters (like punctuation marks, space, tabs) that define the end of an abbreviation. This will make the autocorrect work similarly to how it works in Microsoft Word. You type a misspelled word and it's automatically corrected after you press space or any separator character you define. This works when you define your abbreviation to work with no confirmation.

To see some screenshots, point your browser to http://www.nagarsoft.com/directaccess/beta

You can download the latest beta connecting to http://www.nagarsoft.com/directaccess/beta-download/

You can find a list of changes in the beta forum at http://www.nagarsoft.com/forum (you need to register to read and post comments).
--- End quote ---

DIRECT ACCESS 2.0 WILL BE RELEASED ON THE 8th DECEMBER 2008

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version