ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How To Keep Hostile Jerks From Taking Over Your Online Community

(1/3) > >>

SKA:

Interesting read:

http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/ebusiness/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=199600005

SKA

Deozaan:
His solution is to find a "troll-whisperer"? Lame! What a waste of a 4 page article. :down:

Sure it's interesting, but not at all useful.

ewemoa:
The "10-minute delay before posts make it through" idea was interesting to me.

On a side note, I've often wondered whether I couldn't configure accounts I post from to have "scheduled" sending -- so I can compose a message (usually a response) and if I don't do anything about it, have it sent after some default amount of time.  The key thing here being that I don't have to do anything for it to get sent at some point, but I get some time to consider editing my message.

I don't suppose this is already possible...

mouser:
On a side note, I've often wondered whether I couldn't configure accounts I post from to have "scheduled" sending -- so I can compose a message (usually a response) and if I don't do anything about it, have it sent after some default amount of time.
--- End quote ---

many email clients have such a feature.

ewemoa:
What about forums?

I guess with a message-composing client that could interface w/ forums this may already be possible...

Hmm, I guess I should really look into whether there are usable forum-interfacing clients...I know there used to be a mail client that could do this sort of thing, but I haven't used non-web-based mail clients in years :)

(How telling that it would have been nice for me to use this functionality for this particular message...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version