topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:21 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Circle Dock in remote desktop with middle mouse button  (Read 10187 times)

lb1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Circle Dock in remote desktop with middle mouse button
« on: November 12, 2008, 01:48 AM »
Hello,

First of all a great product. I'm using it now fore more than a month and it works great, intuitive etc.

My only small problem is that when i run Circle dock on my local PC and on a remote PC which I connect through a remote desktop connection and I click the middle mouse button the Circle doc of my local computer pops up over the remote desktop, and the Circle dock on the remote computer is not activated. (Both are set to pop up on middle mouse)

I would expect the remote version to pop-up when I am in fullscreen remote desktop and the local version when I am on my local computer.

Is there any way around it ?

Best regards,
Leon

VideoInPicture

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
Re: Circle Dock in remote desktop with middle mouse button
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 10:35 AM »
Circle Dock uses a mouse hook to capture the middle mouse button so it would see the button down event before your remote desktop application. To work around this, you can temporarily suspend the mouse hooking in the current computer you are using by right-clicking on the middle of the dock and checking off "Disable Mouse Toggling". This will stop the mouse toggling on your current computer and allow your remote desktop program to see the middle mouse click. To restart the mouse hooking on your current computer, right-click on tray icon for Circle Dock and select "Enable Mouse Toggling"
Author of Circle Dock: http://circledock.wikidot.com
Author of Video In Picture: http://videoinpicture.wikidot.com
Author of Webcam Signature: http://webcamsignature.wikidot.com
Author of Easy Unicode Paster: http://easyunicodepaster.wikidot.com

lb1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 02:09 AM »
Hello again,

For the above problem I made a change to the code of the 0.9... version. I now donwloaded the 1.0 version. Great inprovmenet!

But now I have the RDP problem again. Is the source code of the 1.0 version available so I can check to see if I can add the same works around again? (If fullscreen rdp ignore the mouse click).

Regards,
Leon

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 10:40 AM »
Prior to Version 1, mouse handling was accomplished by two modules, one handling mouse-clicks and the other, mouse movement. This was a bit unsatisfactory as one of the modules was in unmanaged (C++) code. All mouse handling is now done by a single module.

As we have discovered that several less than honest individuals have downloaded the source code to Circle Dock, made some very minor changes and are promoting their version of the program as their original work (one is commercial), we have made the hard decision not to release the source code for the time being. If you'd care to send me the code to the changes you have had to make - as a Private Message - I'll attend to including them and give you the proper credit for your submission.

Mark

Orion333

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 12:16 PM »
As Windows admin I'm using very often RDP-Sessions, VMware-Sessions and other connections to remote computers. In every case the behavior of the target machine should be similar to my normal machine.

This works great with tools like DM2 and most of all StrokeIt, but not (so good) with CircleDock.

They can exclude programs. So - excluding mstsc.exe means, no action in StrokeIt if the active window is a RDP-Session. Result is, no reaction on the normale machine to the mouse gesture but the mouse key and movement is send to remote computer. The software on the remote computer - in that case again StrokeIt - is triggered an reacts to the mouse gesture. This works even over a small chain of different remote sessions (slow, but it works ...).

My workaround for CircleDock is starting CircleDock with a key-combination instead of middle mouse click. But I defined a very simple mouse gesture in StrokeIt and this gesture is translated into the key-combination for CircleDock - on the correct computer. Better would be an exclude of programs directly in CircleDock.
My workaround solves also another problem with CircleDock. I configured StrokeIt to take mouse gestures drawn with the middle mouse button for not intercepting the typical mouse buttons. Every time I want to draw a mouse gesture CircleDock is shown. It would be very nice to have a little more specialized behavior for opening CircleDock. Maybe like wheel down, around a second with no or minimal movement and then wheel up as trigger instead of simple wheel down.

Maybe it is possible to implement this into CircleDock.

Up to now I'm not very deep into CircleDock - i just found the version 1.0. The problems with the version from 2008 stopped me from using it for a long time. But now there is hope for a very interesting tool. So if you are looking for beta testers ... more than 20 years of intensive computer experience as computer engineer and work as beta tester for the SpeedCommander should be not that worth.

Regards from Hamburg / Germany

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 07:06 AM »
The next release has additional ways to use the keyboard, the mouse or both to toggle the dock's visibility.

The keyboard handling has been enhanced by allowing you to nominate a second key to be pressed, so that sequences such as "Ctrl D 1", "Ctrl D 2" etc., are now possible. Of course, single keystrokes (with or without) modifiers are still supported.

For mouse-centric users, the centre, X1 and X2 buttons are available with (new) or without keystroke modifiers (Ctrl, Alt, Shift & Win) and if one or more of those modifiers is selected, the left and right buttons become available also.

As for mousedown-pause-mouseup handling, well that could be highly dependant on how quickly the windows global message queue gets processed. Circle Dock's keyboard and mouse handlers do not simply trap events sent to that program, they trap all keyboard and mouse events system-wide.

I will investigate this to see if there's a clean way of implementing this without disturbing the existing handlers which are somewhat complex.

Mark