ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I am looking for a file browser that is optimized especially for networks

(1/4) > >>

kartal:
Hi

Due to my job I need to use Vpns and network browsing alot. I am wondering if there is any epxlorer replacement that can browse files faster. All the things I had tried lterally hangs once in awhile when I try to get file listing and I do hate that.

I tried

Freecommander, Ultra explorer, Xyplorer, Nexus etc These are all fine file browsers but they are not that good when it comes to network browsing.

ideas?

Darwin:
I've used DOpus 9 over my home network and it's nice and quick.

kartal:
Does it have network caching?

Home network is probably fast, but I am espeically interested in vpn and over the internet browsing.

Darwin:
Does it have network caching?

Home network is probably fast, but I am espeically interested in vpn and over the internet browsing.

-kartal (November 10, 2008, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I supports FTP Directory Caching... but I doubt that is the same thing. I've used it to connect to webdav folders on other servers and it was reasonably quick (though not blazing fast). I couldn't a concrete answer in the help file (Caveat: most likely because I'm unfamilar with the concept). I'll check the users forum and resource centre as well - the answer is either there awaiting discovery or to be answered!

kartal:
Thanks Darwin, I knew you were a nice guy!

THe thing I am looking for is an app that can cache the directory and files while it is not in use. I mean all the modern web browsers do file and link caching to speed up, why not file browsers? It should be possible!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version