ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Renamers, Picture Viewers, etc., 1999 before 2

<< < (2/4) > >>

CWuestefeld:
That particular thing was a one-of-a-kind, as it's very expensive. My wife bought for me a class in driving a race car, which shows what a really great wife I've got.

The experience was amazing: lapping the road course at Pocono International Raceway as fast as you can possibly manage. The cars don't have speedometers, but from what I could extrapolate from the tachometer, I was probably doing 120mph. It starts with a classroom session, then a tour around the course with an instructor showing us where the best line is, and where the corner apexes are. Then out in the race car with the instructor watching for a session (and passing the other students is allowed!), followed by instructor comments and tips for improvement, then another cycle of the same. And I only spun the car once  :D

But I do continue to race go-karts. We have an indoor track not far from my house, and the folks say these cars get up to 45mph on the straight.

I like speed.

Back on topic, it looks like you could us a renamer to assign sequential 0-padded numbers, working from a list sorted by creation date. It think that Ant Renamer will do this.

Curt:
- you were absolutely right about Ant Renamer!  :Thmbsup:

However, the program reminded me of what f0dder once said, that it is hard to add Unicode later on; it should be implemented from the beginning. Ant Renamer is offering support for Unicode all right, except in this, this, or that situation...

---

I did a lot of go-carting in my younger days because my brother owned a big out-door circuit for go-carts - both for the big club versions and for the smaller public rentals! Oh yeah, the feeling of speed! :-)

I envy you your wife  ;D

fenixproductions:
Apart from this being a great disappointment to me, it made me wonder what others are doing in situations like this. Is the listed numbering order sometimes a problem to you? Do you have a renaming utility and/or a picture viewer that will show the files in the same order as Explorer? 
:tellme:-Curt (November 10, 2008, 06:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

As you've already notices I am addicted of my file manager so I use it as picture viewer too (no problems with sorting).

Edited:
I forgot to say that I so far have settled with XnView, because it will handle the numbers correctly. But the image quality from XnView really is inferior, so I would like to know your answers anyway.-Curt (November 10, 2008, 06:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't setting better quality help?

Tools -> Options -> General -> Read
Tools -> Options -> View -> High quality zoom
Tools -> Options -> -> View -> Fullscreen -> Use delayed high quality...

Target:
what about a simple AHK script?

the following would handle up 99,999 files

--- ---
fileselectfolder, root, ::{20d04fe0-3aea-1069-a2d8-08002b30309d},3,Select the target folder

loop, %root%\*.*,0,1
{
tmp:= a_loopfilename
stringtrimright, tmp,tmp,4
loop
{
if len >= 5
{
len:=0
break
}
tmp:= "0" . tmp
stringlen,len, tmp
}
filemove, %a_loopfilefullpath%, %a_loopfiledir%\%tmp%`.%a_loopfileext%
}

cmpm:
I don't know what renamers you have and use.
This is the one I use, when I need it, which is rare.
Very batch capable.

Advanced Renamer

http://aren.hulubulu.net/

hope it helps

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version