topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 2:31 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Auto Perform, a mIRC enhancement  (Read 10503 times)

Kamel

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Auto Perform, a mIRC enhancement
« on: September 12, 2009, 03:48 AM »
Hello fellow DC members. I've been working my butt off to make a complete overhaul of the perform function of mIRC.

For those who do not know, mIRC is an IRC client. IRC is a way to chat on the internet with others. DonationCoder has an IRC chat room, check here for more details:
https://www.donation...6.0%3Bprev_next=prev

"Perform" in mIRC is essentially just a list of commands that are ran when you connect to an IRC server.

Here is a copy of the Readme, for a complete explanation.

Auto Perform beta v0.1(9/11/09) by Kamel

-------------------------

Changelog:
v0.1b: Initial release

About:

This is a small mIRC script written for the purpose of having a much more advanced and clean way to handle performing certain events
automatically. mIRC comes with a built in functionality to do this, but unfortunately it is very limited.
Depending on the current state of the script (aka if it is enabled or disabled), it will issue every command found inside the .perf files.
These files are plain text files which are named according to their execution time. Any *.global.perf file is a global file, meaning it will
be executed on every single network. The commands found in startup.global.perf for example will be started when mIRC is first loaded assuming
the script is enabled and operating normally. The commands found in loggedin.global.perf however will be executed when you have successfully
logged in to nickserv on any network. The file freenode.loggedin.perf will execute when logged in to nickserv on the freenode network. Any
network name can be used, and all it takes is to create your own text file containing the proper commands and named properly. For example,
one could make someprivatenetwork.connect.perf and the script would execute the commands contained in that file when it successfully connects
to the network "someprivatenetwork". In order to see the name of your irc network, simply type in the window //echo -a $network

Installation:

Place the folder wherever you like (I would recommend just placing it inside your mIRC folder, or addons folder if you have one). Next, type
the command:
 /load -rs path\to\autoperform\autoperform.mrc

Remember, if mIRC asks you to allow the script to be loaded or run startup commands, please select yes in order to ensure proper script
operation.

Notes:

This script does not, and will never work with networks which do not report the network name. The only time you should ever run into this is
when you are on an extremely old IRCD, or the network administrator is quite lazy. There are a few workarounds for this people have come up
with over the years. One of my personal favorites is an alias replacement for the built in alias $network. Try this:
/alias network { if ($network) return $network | else return $gettok($server,-2,46) }

Just type that in any window, it should provide a fix.
This script probably would not work with an irc network named "global". This is my fault, and I wont lie, it wasn't a mistake either, I just
did not feel like coming up with a better way of dealing with this problem. It *may* work with networks named global, as I did make *some*
attempt to make it play well, but I have my doubts. If you are using an irc network with the name global, please report back as to how well
it is working.

In future releases, the configuration will be more elegant. I apologize for the rather difficult to understand 'enabled' levels. I just had a
need for disabling global events and originally I had intended on global events to always happen, no matter what. I later decided that was a
bad idea (specifically, I found my configuration was trying to identify to nickserv on servers that don't have nickserv, essentially giving
out my password). I also strongly prefer the customization ability with this method.

Credits:

Thanks to donationcoder.com, my motivation to make this was due to them. Excellent people, to say the very least.
I'm the guy you yell at when your DSL goes down...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 11:37 AM by Kamel »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Auto Perform, a mIRC enhancement
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 08:37 AM »
cool, thank you for sharing this  :up: