ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Editor for PDFs: recommendations, please?

<< < (16/25) > >>

blikksem:
Curt, thanks for the feedback
I'm still not sure if it's worth the $22 though.
Pity they don't have a trial version

Carol Haynes:
Why is Evernote2 missing FF ? (And NetSnippets if it comes to that).

OK the add-ins may say they are incompatible but it is worth giving them a try any way (just switch of compatibility testing in about:config). I bet you find both work just fine (I know Evernote 2.2 does).

Darwin:
Why is Evernote2 missing FF ? (And NetSnippets if it comes to that).

OK the add-ins may say they are incompatible but it is worth giving them a try any way (just switch of compatibility testing in about:config). I bet you find both work just fine (I know Evernote 2.2 does).
-Carol Haynes (January 07, 2009, 04:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

:-[ Never thought to do that... Right, off to give it a go now!

Carol Haynes:
A better way of doing it is to update the version number in the add-on (just rename the xpi installer file to a zip extension, unzip it, finsd the relevant text file with the version numbers and extend the life of the add-on to the current version of FF you are using, then zip it all up again, change it back to an xpi file and install it).

Alternatively install MrTech add-on and it adds the option to Make Compatible in the extensions context menu. This doesn't require that the about:config is tweaked to ignore compatibility issues.

nontroppo:
I often get asked for PDF annotation software by friends. On OS X, Preview can fill forms, and the magnificent Skim can annotate and add arbitrary text all for free. Payware-wise, PDFPen Pro is really nice.

On windows, most of the things I've tried are clunky. However I recently tried PDF-XCHANGE viewer, and it seems to be the best of the bunch for free. Most importantly, the annotations are later editable which is good, and I can get interoperability with PDFPen on OS X for collaborative notes cross-platform.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version