topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:54 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Transmute Bookmark converter - free & works with most browsers  (Read 11359 times)

SKA

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Transmute : free utility helps you to try out different web browsers, synchronize bookmarks between systems, organize bookmarks, convert bookmarks for use in bookmark managers, share bookmarks with others and more. And best of all, it's free!

Transmute is the first and only bookmark converter to export bookmarks between all of the major formats:

Google Chrome : Transmute supports the new Chrome browser, including dev channel releases.
Mozilla Firefox : Firefox 1 & 2 are supported as well as Firefox 3, with its new database model.
Microsoft Internet Explorer : Internet Explorer favorites can be imported and exported with ease.
Opera " Opera browser hotlists are also well supported for easy importing and exporting.
Apple Safari : Safari is the web browser from the people behind the iPod, iPhone and iTunes.
Chromium : Chromium is the open-source project behind Google Chrome.
Language:       English
Supported OS:   Windows
Requirements:   Microsoft.NET Framework v2.0 or newer
Compatibility:  Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, Chromium.
Has portable version and installer version.

SKA

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transmute Bookmark converter - free & works with most browsers
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 01:53 AM »
http://www.gettransmute.com/  for those not wanting to google it themselves  ;)

gexecuter

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Move over and give us some room...
    • View Profile
    • Elite Freeware
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:13 PM »
Interesting, i may give it a try and eventually write about it in my blog.
Mouser is made of win and awesome!

city_zen

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 12:42 AM »
Mozilla Firefox : Firefox 1 & 2 are supported as well as Firefox 3, with its new database model.

:Thmbsup:

Great find, SKA! Thanks for the info. This is the first bokkmark/favourites converter, that I know of, that handles the new Firefox 3 bookmarks format
I'll have what she's having

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Out of curiosity, does anybody know of a good standalone bookmark manager? Preferably a portable app that could also export its list as a tab-delimited or CSV file rather than a html page?

All the new bookmark managers seem to insist on being web-based.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:29 AM »
Out of curiosity, does anybody know of a good standalone bookmark manager?  Preferably a portable app that could also export its list as a tab-delimited or CSV file rather than a html page?

Have you checked the DC thread Multi-browser Bookmark Synchronization Tool and Other Multi-Browser Ideas?

The problem is likely to be your requirement for CSV output.  I'd like that, too.

Lutz_

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 03:45 PM »
The author of Power Favorites (MarkStone) is visiting this forum now and then and is very responsive. Perhaps you can ask him?
http://www.desksware...bookmark-manager.htm

Out of curiosity, does anybody know of a good standalone bookmark manager? Preferably a portable app that could also export its list as a tab-delimited or CSV file rather than a html page?

markstone

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 10:07 AM »

Thanks for mentioning me, Lutz.

I just added this feature to Power Favorites. Just right click the selected bookmarks and select "Export...", it will export the bookmarks to the special format.

The author of Power Favorites (MarkStone) is visiting this forum now and then and is very responsive. Perhaps you can ask him?
http://www.desksware...bookmark-manager.htm

RDB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 11:03 AM »
I tried Transmute Bookmark Converter and found it to be flawed. I attempted to import my Mozilla Seamonkey Bookmarks into IE and only succeeded in getting a portion of them into IE. I looked at Tidy favorites but I guess I'm not sophisticated enough to use it. I didn't see any way to list my current bookmarks.
Anyway, I'm not interested in a third party bookmark manager. All I want to do is import my Seamonkey bookmarks to IE. Completely and easily. Is there such an animal?