ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Tagging Files (Tag Everything)

<< < (5/6) > >>

DonL:
Maybe later.
-DonL (February 09, 2009, 01:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK, thanks.
-rjbull (February 09, 2009, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
BTW, as both formats are simple and open, you can (supposing you program) write such a conversion utility yourself. :)

rjbull:
you can (supposing you program) write such a conversion utility yourself.
-DonL (February 09, 2009, 07:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Alas, a false supposition   :-[

rjbull:
Has anyone looked at Stick for Windows?

Stick is a Windows application (Windows XP/Vista only) which provides utilities such as folder explorers, web browsers and notepads in tabs that attach to the sides of your screen (called ScreenTabs). ScreenTabs are highly customizable tab-shaped windows that let you access commonly used utilities quickly and easily. I use Stick daily and it has changed the way I work. Download it and see if it helps you the way it has helped me (it's free, by the way)    [...]   
Note Tab
    Note TabEnter richly formatted or plain text notes into note tabs. Each note tab is associated with a text file of your choice anywhere on disk. It offers basic word processing functions but more readily available than your average word processor.
--- End quote ---

fenixproductions:
2rjbull
I was testing it for a week and forgot about it very quickly. As far as it might be great for notes, it is not usable for folders. I've never understood why should I have couple explorer's windows open all of the time for quick folders jumping. It was more efficient for me to have bookmarks in my file manager.

BTW Some parts of their site seems to be down so take a look here:
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Stick-Screenshot-21853.html

Their idea is great but not for multiple types tabs. It is cluttering desktop too much.

Last time I've checked it had no screen size preservation what means: all tabs on top of other windows. It might sound great but if you want more than five of them on top of the screen (1280x1024 here), they will cover your application's title bar completely or:
- scrollbars - if on the right,
- Opera's panels - if you use Opera and have Stick on left,
- taskbar - if on the bottom.

rjbull:
2rjbull
I was testing it for a week and forgot about it very quickly. As far as it might be great for notes, it is not usable for folders.
-fenixproductions (February 23, 2009, 08:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, that sounds pretty damning!  Thanks, I'll steer clear of it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version