ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Excel help: Showing multiple, seperate ranges on top of one another

(1/3) > >>

superboyac:
I can't figure out how to do this.  I have an Excel Workbook with multiple sheets.  They all have the same columns, but the number of rows is different in each column.  I'd like to, in a separate sheet, put all the rows from all the sheets on top of one another in one long list.  How do I do this?  I want the big list to be live-linked to the other cells, I don't want to simply copy them.  Any changes to the original cells will be shown in the big sheet.  The big sheet is simply a summary sheet for display purposes.

The ranges in each sheet is named using the Named Ranges feature.  And I've somehow figured out how to make the ranges dynamic (I don't remember how).  That means whenever a row is added to a sheet, the named range automatically adds that row to the range.

I tried using pivot tables, but I'm not very advanced with them.  I also tried consolidating the ranges.  The problem with both of these seem to be that it assumes you want to do some calculation on the data, like summing them or averaging them.  I don't want to do that.  I simply want to just copy the cells and combine them all in one big list.  No calculation, or function or anything like that.

Thanks!!

Darwin:
ASAP utilities will allow you to do this... and it's FREE! Free is good...

Excel help:  Showing multiple, seperate ranges on top of one another

superboyac:
Oh sweet!  Thanks Darwin!  Yeah, I use ASAP a lot, I guess I didn't look hard enough...there are so many things after all!

Darwin:
Crumb! The tool has been changed (and/or so has Excel 2007) - I used to use this feature a lot to combine different sheets but the option to have the columns stacked or added to the side has been removed and now you just get a sheet with the sheets added to the right... I'll investigate further as I know I've done this.

Darwin:
Sorry, superboyac. The addin is Spreadsheet Assistant  :-[ Works a treat, too, but it's pricey.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version