ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need some comparison help on laptop coolers.

(1/4) > >>

TAF2000:
Hi there.

New laptop... of course means new goodies.  :Thmbsup:

I had a laptop cooling pad (the kind the laptop sits on), but gave it to hubby for his work, so I am looking for a cooling device for my new laptop.

I have the option of a laptop cooling pad with fans, or getting a PC slot card cooler (strange thing that sticks into the PC slot and blows cool air in (or out maybe?).  :huh:

Am hoping someone here may have an educated guess on which would be more effective at cooling.

Thanks All!

TAF2000:
Hummmmmmm.....

Okay.....

What about any un-educated guesses?     :P

Darwin:
I have used both passive and active cooling pads (ie I have one with, and one without, USB powered fans built into it). I'd be leary of the PDMCIA slot fan, somehow. Each notebook is different WRT its internal architecture - who knows what you'd wind up blowing/sucking air and dust across. Final comment is that I'd try a passive cooling pad first - the fans in a USB powered unit are LOUD (or at least they are in mine).

TAF2000:
thanks.

I didn't think about the possible ill effects of the PDMCIA card fan blowing dust and such around where it shouldn't.

The fans in my old pad were pretty quiet.  Maybe you have a noisy one, or perhaps are just more sensitive to the noise.  I know I can't stand clocks, or even watches that 'tick'.

Darwin:
You sound like my wife - I can't have a mechanical watch running ANYWHERE in our bedroom at night. Otherwise, she cannot sleep! I have to put the things to my ear to hear them...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version