Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 18, 2014, 04:48:12 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Total Recorder  (Read 5721 times)
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

To make a difference, be different.

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 20, 2005, 12:58:04 PM »

http://fileforum.betanews...otal_Recorder/947823164/1

Publisher's Description:
Total Recorder records streaming audio, mic input, line-in input, and DVD & CD sounds. The recordings are saved to your hard-drive in either WAV or MP3 format. Convert different sound formats to WAV and MP3.

from another discussion:
[...] if you ever were to consider a program that costs money, I must say I have been a happy registered user of Total Recorder for 4+ years  (www.highcriteria.com)

I'm using a different program that I bought years ago but read about Total Recorder many times. I'm quite happy with the one I use but feel the need to search for one that allow me to automate recordings/use scripts to record stuff. I understand Total Recorder is good for that?

I hope vegas could go into details here and maybe show some screenshots or guide us to nice online tutorials smiley
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 01:00:50 PM by brotherS » Logged

Thank you.
tsaint
Charter Member

Hi from the a*** end of the earth

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 04:13:28 PM »

A bit of a view of total recorder - sorry about the lack of annotations at this stage.
Its quick and dirty cos Im supposed to be working ....
http://tony.donationcoders.com/tr.html
tony
vegas
Charter Member

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 09:00:43 PM »

There's nothing that I could show you that you can't find by reading the manual which is here (http://www.highcriteria.c...ownload/TotalRecorder.pdf).  It's definitely written quite well, not to mention some of the mini-tutorials on the website itself, good stuff.
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 01:47:49 AM »

A bit of a view of total recorder - sorry about the lack of annotations at this stage.
Its quick and dirty cos Im supposed to be working ....
http://tony.donationcoders.com/tr.html
WOW WOW WOW! Total Recorder seems to be THE solution that I need! Thanks, Tony!

Some reviews: http://www.highcriteria.com/main_reviews.htm
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 01:51:49 AM by brotherS » Logged

Thank you.
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 02:06:58 AM »

There's nothing that I could show you that you can't find by reading the manual which is here (http://www.highcriteria.c...ownload/TotalRecorder.pdf).  It's definitely written quite well, not to mention some of the mini-tutorials on the website itself, good stuff.
Thanks for the URL, will read that too.

Question to both of you (and whoever is reading this): How willing is the coder to add new features to TR?

Thank you.
tsaint
Charter Member

Hi from the a*** end of the earth

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 02:15:53 AM »

Question to both of you (and whoever is reading this): How willing is the coder to add new features to TR?

Re swf ... no worries. Just returning a favour given me by someone else in this community.
Re new features ... sorry, I never asked. Ive received notification of new versions from v3.4 to 4.5 (standard edition) automatically (and for free) at which time I changed to the pro version. I've been pretty happy getting an email about every 6 months saying a new version was out.
vegas
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 04:35:46 AM »

I would have to say the same, it never even crossed my mind to ask for features.  Only correspondence I've had with the author was to get my license keys upgraded & update my emails over the years. I too have had a hard time needing anything more than what was already offered.  But I will say this if its a sensible, good feature, it's likely they would listen, as Total Recorder always seems to add some cool stuff. Good  Luck I hope you find what you are looking for.
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 04:48:31 AM »

Sounds good smiley Then let me ask you both this:

Is there an option to execute a command before and after a scheduled recording?

Thank you.
vegas
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 05:13:07 AM »

I've never looked for the feature, but I thought I saw it once.  Looking now, I see no such option or anything mentioned on the website.  Maybe I am just missing it or it's not included in the Standard version.  This does seem like something that should be implemented for such a program no doubt, I'm quite surprised I can't find it in here.
markan
Charter Member

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 12:29:27 PM »

I have only just registered the Pro version and it seems to have an option to run a command at the start of a recording, but then is limited to closing a window at the end.
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 12:34:28 PM »

I have only just registered the Pro version and it seems to have an option to run a command at the start of a recording, but then is limited to closing a window at the end.
Closing a window? Could you post a screenshot here please?

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0.2 ]