topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:39 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA - Macro to Convert OneNote Output to Word Headings (Styles)  (Read 7809 times)

AEngineer

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • James E. Mitchell - Drexel University
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I'm a devoted OneNote user and a Word (2007) user because both do outlines very well.  Unfortunately OneNote's outlines do NOT transfer to Word's outlines - a known issue that eventually the OneNote people plan to address.  In the meantime I'd love to have a way to convert OneNote output to Word headings (styles).

If one exports from OneNote to Word you get tab-indented text - one tab for each heading level.  There ought to be a way to write a word macro (I assume) to count the indents and convert them to a heading (which has a style).  That's what I need, but am not knowledgeable enough to create.

If this is the wrong place to suggest this I'd appreciate suggestions on where I should - in DC or elsewhere.  It matters enough that I'm willing to pay a small amount, though obviously I hope the challenge intrigues people enough to get it done without cash.
Jim Mitchell

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA - Macro to Convert OneNote Output to Word Headings (Styles)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 05:43 AM »
I'd love to have this too. I'd also pay for it.
Maybe we can bring it to the office2010 developers. I posted it here:
http://makeofficebet...note-and-word-easily

If you like the idea, please vote it up.

LucioMarques

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA - Macro to Convert OneNote Output to Word Headings (Styles)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 12:48 PM »
I've got a Word Add-In to convert OneNote to Word outlines. If you are interested, contact me at [email protected]