topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 5:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Remote Screenshot grabber  (Read 5068 times)

BigBlueDieHard68

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Remote Screenshot grabber
« on: November 03, 2008, 10:04 AM »
LSgrab.exe from:
http://www.moernaut....?item=grabberconsole

is now on symantecs malware list and triggers the antivirus whenever it is acessed.  Can anyone duplicate this functionality?

Its a Win32 console app that grabs a screenshot of a remote computer on the domain given commandline parameters .. for example

lsgrab /c:machinename /p:pathandfilename.jpg

« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 10:49 AM by BigBlueDieHard68 »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Remote Screenshot grabber
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 07:53 PM »
due to the nature of the program, it has ended up on symantec's black list. on your part, you can petition and convince symantec that it is not a malware. good luck. :)

BigBlueDieHard68

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Remote Screenshot grabber
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 06:59 AM »
Symantec would never take if off their blacklist, hence my request to have a similar utility written.   It should be a fairly simple program.  I would think that someone could write some code that would inject a screenshot dll into the winlogon process on the remote machine and grab the screenshot and save it to the location requested by the commandline parameters.   I just don't have the C programing skills to put it all together.

due to the nature of the program, it has ended up on symantec's black list. on your part, you can petition and convince symantec that it is not a malware. good luck. :)