ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Codeweavers - no good deed goes unpunished

<< < (2/3) > >>

KenR:
OK Where's the punishment?
-housetier (November 01, 2008, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wap...Wap  :P

Ok, I know I should be punished for that, but I couldn't resist.

Sorry House, Ken

Deozaan:
Sounds to me like another person/group/entity who lies and doesn't keep their word.

The world won't miss this company.

J-Mac:
Sounds to me like another person/group/entity who lies and doesn't keep their word.

The world won't miss this company.
-Deozaan (November 02, 2008, 01:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Huh?  A bit harsh?

Jim

nontroppo:
This isn't really a direct economic hit of  $52,462,500 right? The financial strain is in terms of the server punishment for downloads and possibly higher support requests, but they haven't had to pay for goods sent to people.

Will they offer a full support package?

As I see it they have lots of new users who even if 5% of them upgrade when the next major version is out, then they are in a financially great position.

Good luck to them, and nice to see them true to their word. In an age of corporate caution and fear to affect a bottom-line, this was gutsy thing to do.

Dormouse:
Well, I registered etc etc.
But all I am offered is Mac downloads rather than Linux. No use to me at all.  :( Not quite sure how this happened, but it seems to have happened to a lot of other people too. I've requested a change, but am well aware that all the requests they are likely to receive from this will really overload a support system really intended for paying customers/other things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version