ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

High Capacity Portable MP3 Player

<< < (4/4)

f0dder:
I considered building my own, though the MP3 player would be for train travel, not car travel, so neither this option, nor the other I've seen would work for me. Thank you for the suggestion though.-Ehtyar (October 28, 2008, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
If I may ask, which train journey would require a MP3 player with that much capacity?
-4wd (October 29, 2008, 01:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
Perhaps the idea is to have a decent music base to select from, rather than hearing the same tracks over and over - or having to transfer new music all the time? :)-f0dder (October 29, 2008, 01:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think I'd rather have a small player that could take SD(HC) flash cards and just swap them for variety - that's if I could be bothered becoming one of the walking dead.  You know the people walking around not paying attention to anything because they've got earphones plugged in  :P-4wd (October 29, 2008, 02:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
"Walking Dead" is awesome - especially if you're also... illuminated and set loose upon an unsuspecting world, feeling godlike :-*

I'm pretty fond of my 8GB sandisk flash-based Sansa e280. Mine survived lying in water for an hour or two, it's a pretty rugged little beast, and it accepts SD-Micro cards. Seems to have problems with the 8GB Kingston card I bought, though :( - dunno if it's a capacity, DMA, firmware or water-incident problem though, going to test the card in a friend's sansa asap.

Ehtyar:
Perhaps the idea is to have a decent music base to select from, rather than hearing the same tracks over and over - or having to transfer new music all the time? :)
-f0dder (October 29, 2008, 01:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
Correct.

Ehtyar.

katykaty:
Can you tell us what it is that makes Apple and Sony a showstopper?

That'll help us identify solutions for you.

Ehtyar:
Sony I refuse to support ever since the Sony-BMG-rootkit debacle (so on principal basically). Apple has twice screwed over iPod users in my country and I'm not interested in being one of them.
I think for the moment at least I'll have to go without, unless I get something with a small capacity to hold me over until the Aussie dollar is worth diddly-squat again, but I'd more than welcome any alternative suggestions.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version