ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why social networks are a threat to life as some know it

<< < (3/7) > >>

Darwin:

On the web, nobody knows I'm really a dog!
-40hz (October 31, 2008, 10:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sit, 40hz, sit!

icekin:
Ah, Social Networking, the new bane of human productivity...LinkedIn seems to be an exception though.

f0dder:
Sure, it's data-mined to hell and beyond, but you do choose yourself how much information you wish to expose.
-f0dder (October 31, 2008, 01:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
You may be able to choose how much information you expose to the public, but you don't gt to choose how much you expose to Facebook.-Ehtyar (October 31, 2008, 06:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sure you do - simply don't enter any data you don't want facebook to know. I obviously wouldn't discuss important/shady/whatever matters through facebook mails or it's instant-messaging system...

kartal:
Social networks are all scam.

Problem with social networks is that I mean the scale of scam is that, lets say you are a consicous person and understand all this bullshit so you stay away from all those(like me),. But one good hearted friend wants to add you so they put all your information for you(without knowing that they actually expose you, those silly friends) and also they add the email they communicate with you. Next day you wake up, you are on facebook even thou you have never added it yourself. Now you do not need to respond to invitation but yet Facebook manages to collect unclaimed data about you.

I really hope that this economic donwturn hits these web sites so hard that they eat their own tails.

f0dder:
Heh, why am I not surprised at a rant like that from you, kartal? :)

If something like that happens, imho your problem isn't facebook, but rather that you should reconsider your 'friends'. Oh, and how would those 'friends' be able to activate the account if they don't have access to your email account? *rolls eyes*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version