ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why social networks are a threat to life as some know it

<< < (2/7) > >>

Darwin:
Stupid enough that one wonders if this isn't engineered... But I prefer to believe that it really happened. Makes for a much better story!

RE: sacking. Yeah, probably not enough to get fired over (though someone near and dear to me lost her job at a Movie Theatre in Savannah, GA for calling in sick and getting caught out on the town), but certainly would result in some sort of disciplinary action I should think (no toilet breaks over an 8 hour shift, for example  ;D).

f0dder:
Hehe, poor moron :)

Ehtyar: what's stupid about having a facebook account in and by itself? I resisted for many years, but finally caved in some months ago... it's turned out to be a pretty valuable tool to stay in contact with (and finding!) old friends, as well as doing event planning. Sure, it's data-mined to hell and beyond, but you do choose yourself how much information you wish to expose.

Deozaan:
There was a news story this year (I think) about a woman who worked for Nintendo who lost her job because she complained (said very nasty things) about her boss on her blog.

I'm not really one who would do such things as Kyle or this woman, but it's reasons like these that I like my anonymity on the internet. :-)

Ehtyar:
Sure, it's data-mined to hell and beyond, but you do choose yourself how much information you wish to expose.
-f0dder (October 31, 2008, 01:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
You may be able to choose how much information you expose to the public, but you don't gt to choose how much you expose to Facebook.
I'm not really one who would do such things as Kyle or this woman, but it's reasons like these that I like my anonymity on the internet. :-)
-Deozaan (October 31, 2008, 04:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
Couldn't have said it better myself Deo.

Ehtyar.

40hz:

On the web, nobody knows I'm really a dog!

I like it that way

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version