ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apologies

<< < (2/10) > >>

app103:
Glenn,

I did find your post quite amusing, and I was almost tempted to respond to it, but I really didn't want to continue a thread that would have been inappropriate for this site.

I have a warped sense of humor too, but I try not to show it too much on this site and save it for a site where it is more appropriate.

I hope you will change your mind and stay. Just like mouser, I would hate to think that the other side of you that fits in here great, can't continue to be expressed here.

We all have many facets to our personalities and no one site can fill all our needs of expressing those many sides.

I think this site could be good for expressing the sides that love software, coding, computers, technology, and all things within geekdom that we all share in common.

The rest of it that is too warped and inappropriate for this forum, can be expressed elsewhere (like I do). If you need a place for that, PM me and I'll give you a link to where the most warped sense of humor would find itself right at home.

That way you can express all sides of yourself and we all can be happy.

gpetrant:
I'm staying.  I read each of your warm and thoughtful comments (a hearty thank you), and perhaps I would be cheating myself out of an opportunity to express my inner geek in community with other (inner or outer) geeks.  My manly charisma could take a serious hit if I'm ever caught here, but hey, who says I have to tell anybody I belong to Donation Coder?  I mean, Firefox has some excellent add-ons that'll switch my screen if I'm ever caught browsing the site.  Plus I can erase all my tracks just like I do for...umm...'educational' sites.  (Education is the foundation of good mental health, so I need lots of it.)

On a serious note: as you've probably concluded by now, remaining serious is a serious challenge for me, and I could be a corrupting influence.  But if you guys are willing to risk it, then so am I.  I'll take a more watch and learn approach, focusing on what drew me here in the first place: the chicks crafting and sharing information/recommendations on useful quality software.  So again, thank you for your warm comments.

Glenn Petrant

Davidtheo:
Glenn,

Glad to see you are staying, I also have a warped sense of humor and often have to re-think some posts before posting.

I hope you enjoy it here.

tsaint:
I'm pleased.

Grorgy:
Good choice Glenn, welcome

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version