ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

My Computer and maybe a bug

(1/3) > >>

netmatt:
Hi!  New to the forums/site.  I like what you guys are doing here! 

I was testing out LaunchCommander to replaced the AquaDock I was using, but I ran into a snafu.

I wanted the Beta (1.77.01), since I "needed"  ;) the Right-Click context menus, but...

1) I added "My Computer" by using the command "::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"
 - Works, but I have no right-click context menu, as I do on the My Computer icon outside of the LBC
2) I added "My Network Places" by using the command "::{208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}"
 - same issue

Is there a better command to use maybe that allows this?

...also 1 other thing:

a) even though I set it to "no border" I still get a border?  I have a all black destop, border showing is a white raised edge...

Thanks for the app, looks great!

mouser:
can you explain more about this special ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D} type thing.. where are you setting that?

netmatt:
I attached an image of the setup.  Sounds like I may be using the wrong approach for the My Computer command? (though it does launch My Computer in the same way as the Icon!)

mouser:
I just never heard of that -- pretty clever!
Now i just have to figure out if i can get the context meny to show on such types of nodes.. i'll experiment and report back.

HOWEVER:
If you what you are trying to do is add the FOLDER for your My Computer directory, you can add the My Computer folder directly.  That would give you a right-click context menu on the folder.. but that may be slightly different than what you want.

as for borders.. i'll look into that too though i have to admit i had a hard time getting it to stop showing borders..

netmatt:
I actually had it working on AquaDock for this, but I uninstalled before I saw the "command" I had configured.  AquaDock then stopped working one day  >:( Then I was using RocketDock, but it doesnt show the right context menus. 

...then I saw this, and I love the drop down approach

I'll try and find that command I used for My Computer in AquaDock.  Maybe its just a matter of getting the right command...

Thanks for the help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version