ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

High Capacity Portable MP3 Player

(1/4) > >>

Ehtyar:
Hi all.
For the past hour or so I've been looking on the net for a high capacity MP3 player, and I've yet to find something that matches my needs (hard to believe right?). My criterion are below:

* Capacity >= 100GB
* NOT by Apple
* NOT by Sony
* Not priced for the huge screenThat's pretty much it really, I'd like batter life to be >10 hours on unprotected audio playback, but I'm willing to overlook poor battery life if necessary. If Sony and Apple are my only choices, then I'll go without, though I almost can't comprehend that no decent company is competing against the horrendous tech sold by these companies.
Please leave a reply if you know of something that might match what I'm after  :-*

Thanks, Ehtyar.

housetier:
don't these eeePCs from Asus(tek?) have a large harddisk? maybe a different subnotebook will do and be cheaper as well...

cthorpe:
I'm not sure exactly how much you want to spend, but the Zune 120 might be a possibility.  It's priced around $240 USD.  It has a rated battery life of approximately 30 hours, however your mileage may vary.  I have one of the old Zune 30s, and I love it.  I also pay for the Zune Pass, so I always have tons of music to access for a single monthly fee.

C

Darwin:
I'm guessing that the Archos line is guilty of premium pricing for the screen...?

Ehtyar:
don't these eeePCs from Asus(tek?) have a large harddisk? maybe a different subnotebook will do and be cheaper as well...
-housetier (October 28, 2008, 04:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not a bad idea..not ideal, but I may end having to get one regardless, thanks House Man.
I'm not sure exactly how much you want to spend, but the Zune 120 might be a possibility.  It's priced around $240 USD.  It has a rated battery life of approximately 30 hours, however your mileage may vary.  I have one of the old Zune 30s, and I love it.  I also pay for the Zune Pass, so I always have tons of music to access for a single monthly fee.

C
-cthorpe (October 28, 2008, 05:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
This is PERFECT :Thmbsup:, not quite sure how I missed it, though it may be because it's not released in my country yet. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take into account the utterly pathetic Australian dollar at the moment. You thought $240 was bad, here that converts to somewhere around the $450 mark, while keeping in mine that two months ago we were 10c away from parity with the US dollar. Still, if the situation improves, this one will be mine. Some cody-currency to you, thanks cthorpe.
I'm guessing that the Archos line is guilty of premium pricing for the screen...?
-Darwin (October 28, 2008, 06:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
'Fraid so Darwin, thanks for the suggestion though.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version