ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Printers that print on paper-roll ?

<< < (3/3)

Darwin:
Hard to tell if this forum posting from 2004 is still relevant (refers to the i9000 and i9900). Noteworthy is this observation:

So Canon basically admits to crippling their own 'professional' printers because it does not yet produce its own line of Canon brand banner paper! This affects their entire large format line, the S9000, the i9100 and the i9900. I do further research and find that many people are angry with Canon for this intentional lack of functionality, and others make additional references to Canon's lack of banner paper being the reasoning.
--- End quote ---

Looking at the paper sizes available available from Canon for the iX4000, it looks like the max is 19" in length.

Googling for the info, as I'm sure you've discovered is VERY frustrating as well...

Have you tried contacting them by 'phone (not that that is likely to be a very rewarding experience!)?

tomos:
Hard to tell if this forum posting from 2004 is still relevant (refers to the i9000 and i9900). Noteworthy is this observation:

So Canon basically admits to crippling their own 'professional' printers because it does not yet produce its own line of Canon brand banner paper! This affects their entire large format line, the S9000, the i9100 and the i9900. I do further research and find that many people are angry with Canon for this intentional lack of functionality, and others make additional references to Canon's lack of banner paper being the reasoning.
--- End quote ---
-Darwin (October 30, 2008, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks Mike,
yeah I found some forum posts but not that one (wow is all I can say - should I laugh or cry :( ;D)
I think they used to offer the banner option on earlier printers but I'm not at all sure anymore

I'll try HP first see how I get on - would be happy not to give Canon the business after their websites wasting so much of my time >:(

Darwin:
From what I've read, Canon's Win98 drivers (for those printerst that they produced them for, including the i9000) did support banner printing while the NT basted OS drivers do not...

Crazy!

Good luck with this - it still might be worth trying to call Canon (though I imagine that you'll need to block off a LOT of time for this as no doubt you'll bounce from rep to rep while they scramble to answer your question   ;)).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version