ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR Fscript question: Possible to use autocomplete with fscript results?

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
This is another example of where farr can help plugin writers with a simple new feature --
i'm going to add a call to plugins to let them know when user has HIGHLIGHTED a result item.  With this you could have your plugin manually set the statusbar however you want when the user highlights an item.

dreftymac:
There's one thing I forgot to mention, another reason why the suggestions don't seem to work for me, it's the behavior of the TAB key.

Even though I have "tab autocompletes" turned on in FARR options, the TAB key doesn't behave for me the way you seem to be suggesting it should. What I get is the following (assuming the same example from before):

1) If the user has "fooscript base" in the input box, and the FARR command input box has focus, TAB causes the focus to change to the first result item with the first result item being highlighted. The text of the input box does not change, and remains "fooscript base" even if the user repeatedly presses TAB or the arrow up/down keys;

2) If the user has "fooscript base" in the input box, and the FARR results window has focus, TAB causes highlight to toggle on and off on whichever specific result item last had focus. The text of the input box does not change.

The alternate behavior that you mentioned (TAB causing the input text to change to the path) *does* work when FARR is generating windows file paths on its own, but this behavior does not carry over to the situation where an Fscript plugin is emitting the results.

Not sure if that's usual, or if something can be changed in the fscript to change the TAB key behavior, but there's that.

phitsc:
On this line in your fscript.js file:

// type
UNKNOWN=0; FILE=1; FOLDER=2; ALIAS=3; URL=4; PLUGIN=5; CLIP=5;

add this:

ALIASFILE=7;

Then use ALIASFILE as the 5th argument in your emitResult calls (where you probably have FILE now).

As for my suggestion number 1 above: you can't currently do that with the WSH SDK. emitResult doesn't allow setting the item group field, fscript.dll has it hardcoded to empty string.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version