topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:10 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Need assistance to uninstall Screenshot Captor  (Read 5740 times)

Amada

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Need assistance to uninstall Screenshot Captor
« on: October 26, 2008, 07:45 PM »
Hi everybody,

Sometime last week I downloaded Screenshot Captor, but I find it too difficult to use.  I thought it would be something easy and simple to use like my Snipping Tool that comes with my Vista Home Premium.

So, I'm sorry to say that I've decided to uninstall the program.

Are there any special steps I need to take to uninstall it?  Or, do I just go to Uninstall a Program in my Control Panel, and uninstall from there? 

The reason I decided to come to the Forum and ask this question is because a couple of months ago I had downloaded a photo editing program, and then changed my mind and uninstalled it using the Uninstall option.  Just as the uninstall was taking place, I got a small window notifying me that not all parts of the program were uninstalled.  And now, I have stuff left over in there that I don't what it is, nor how to remove it.

So, thanks so much for your kind help.

Amada   :)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Need assistance to uninstall Screenshot Captor
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:01 PM »
Hi Amanda:

ScreenshotCaptor can be removed with its built-in uninstaller application.

There should be a shortcut to it in your All Programs menu inside the ScreenshotCaptor folder. You can also do it via the Add or Remove Programs control panel. :)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 09:07 PM by 40hz »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Amanda,

40z is right, there is an uninstall link inside the Screenshot Captor folder, OR you can use the normal windows Add/Remove Programs control panel dialog.

As a general principle, before you run any uninstaller you should make sure the program isn't currently running.  Screenshot Captor will kill any currently running process during the uninstallation so that isn't an issue with Screenshot Captor, but it can be the cause of the problem you mention for other programs, especially ones that live in the system tray and run in the background (just a heads up for future incidents).

Additionally you should know that sometimes that message from a program is just really telling you that the program has left some truly harmless and tiny user settings files on your computer in case you decide to reinstall the program.  In this case my suggestion would be not to worry about such "residues" but you could always delete the program's left over program/documents folder if you really wanted to.

Amada

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 09:21 PM »
Hi Amanda:

ScreenshotCaptor can be removed with its built-in uninstaller application.

There should be a shortcut to it in your All Programs menu inside the ScreenshotCaptor folder. You can also do it via the Add or Remove Programs control panel. :)

Hi 40hz,

Thanks so much for your comment.  I found it with no problems whatsoever.

Thanks   :D

Amada

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 09:28 PM »
Amanda,

40z is right, there is an uninstall link inside the Screenshot Captor folder, OR you can use the normal windows Add/Remove Programs control panel dialog.

As a general principle, before you run any uninstaller you should make sure the program isn't currently running.  Screenshot Captor will kill any currently running process during the uninstallation so that isn't an issue with Screenshot Captor, but it can be the cause of the problem you mention for other programs, especially ones that live in the system tray and run in the background (just a heads up for future incidents).

Additionally you should know that sometimes that message from a program is just really telling you that the program has left some truly harmless and tiny user settings files on your computer in case you decide to reinstall the program.  In this case my suggestion would be not to worry about such "residues" but you could always delete the program's left over program/documents folder if you really wanted to.

Hi Mouser,

I just wanted to say Thank You for the detailed information you provided.  Also, when I uninstalled ScreenshotCaptor, there was
some truly harmless and tiny user setting files
left on my computer.   ;D  And I didn't mind it at all.

My best wishes for continued success for you and your wonderful products/programs.

And to ALL members of this forum, Happy Holidays!   :up:

Amanda