ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: AHK Coding Snack Idea: Deluxe AHK Script Manager (AXEM)

<< < (10/14) > >>

mouser:
NICE!!!

mouser:
keep in mind that if you call dcupdate from axem and pass it the axem directory it will also check for updates for any other .dcupdate files it finds for other scripts as long as they are in a subdirectory of that directory.  that's a good thing, it means you have update checking for all scripts that support it*.

*only exception would be if your scripts are in a different directory than axem; i guess in this case the ideal solution would be:
1) have me add a feature to dcuhelper.exe and dcupdater to let you pass multiple directories -- might be best solution
2) have 2 options in axem for checking for updates, 1) check for axem updates, and 2) check for script updates

justice:
That would be very cool, option 2 appeals a lot since I'd like to have the user explicitly ask for updates. Although If a developer keeps older versions of their script we don't want them to start updating themselves to the latest, that would be disastrous haha.

btw It wouldn't be hard to write a small app that would collect all .dcupdate files on a disk and register all of them then do a single update, that might be a useful addition to the arsenal.

anjan_oleti:
i had another cool feature idea: a way to mark and unmark an ahk script as one to be run on windows startup.
-mouser (November 09, 2008, 12:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
This would be very useful... I hope it will be implemented :)

Ryan_S:
I wrote some code for starting scripts when Axem launches. It will save the checked scripts to the .ini file, when Axem is reloaded it will read the .ini file and restart all of the scripts that were running before.

I didn't have much time to test it so let me know what you think  :D
I'd like to add functionality to close the running subroutines when you exit Axem, didn't have time to get to this this morning.

Add "GoSub, RunStartup" after "GoSub, ShowWindow"

Add the RunStartup subroutine...

--- Code: AutoIt ---RunStartup:        ;--- StartupScripts ---        ;--- loops through the array and starts scripts if they are found ---        Loop %StartupScriptsCount% {                scriptText = % StartupScripts%A_Index%                ; --- search through list to find matches ---                Loop % LV_GetCount() {                        LV_GetText(RetrievedText, A_Index)                        If InStr(RetrievedText, scriptText) {                                LV_Modify(A_Index, "Check")  ; Check each row whose first field contains the filter-text.                        }                }        }return
Add the following code to the "READINI" subroutine...   

--- Code: AutoIt ---;--- StartupScripts ---        StartupScriptsCount = 0        ;loop through ini and read in scripts         Loop {                StartupScriptsCount += 1                IniRead, StartupScripts%StartupScriptsCount%, %IniFile%, Startup, %A_Index%, -1                If StartupScripts%StartupScriptsCount% = -1                        break        }
And add the following code to the "WRITEINI" subroutine...   

--- Code: AutoIt ---;--- StartupScripts ---        IniDelete, %IniFile%, Startup   ;clear section to rewrite        ;--- create array with script text of all checked scripts ---        StartupScriptsCount = 0        Loop {                RowNumber := LV_GetNext(RowNumber, "Checked")  ; Resume the search at the row after that found by the previous iteration.                if not RowNumber  ; The above returned zero, so there are no more selected rows.                        break                LV_GetText(Text, RowNumber)                StartupScriptsCount += 1                StartupScripts%StartupScriptsCount% = %Text%        }        ;--- loop through scripts and write list to ini file ---        Loop %StartupScriptsCount% {                scriptText = % StartupScripts%A_Index%                IniWrite, %scriptText%, %IniFile%, Startup, %A_Index%                   }

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version