ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: AHK Coding Snack Idea: Deluxe AHK Script Manager (AXEM)

<< < (6/14) > >>

justice:
Thanks everyone for their comments!  :)
I imagine that Axem could become very popular to package a set of separate AHK scripts together for distribution and for a more user friendly first user experience when using AHK.-VideoInPicture (October 27, 2008, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting idea, I have to think on that.

(1) I think that the icons of the AHK scripts should be shown to the left side of the Axem window to help with visual distinction.
-VideoInPicture (October 27, 2008, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Most scripts don't have icons set in their scripts but are added using the Ahk2exe utility that ships with AHK. You don't have to use resource editor, It's also possible to specify it using the following AHK code:

Menu, tray, Icon [, FileName, IconNumber, 1]:-http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Menu.htm
--- End quote ---
Got to look at that, maybe some options for this without slowing down the scanning too much.

(2) Provide a way to change the icon of each AHK script, including the icon it shows for it's tray icon.-VideoInPicture (October 27, 2008, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
See ahk2exe in the autohotkey installation folder it's already possible, not related to Axem.

Scan each ahk file and look for a comment near the top of the file of the form:
; Synopsis: This line will be shown in the Axem list next to a file's name if found
-mouser (October 27, 2008, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
(3) I have Axem running and I second the motion to show the comments near the top of an AHK file if available.
-VideoInPicture (October 27, 2008, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Looking into adding something to distinguish the items better based on content.

(4) Could we change the background color?-VideoInPicture (October 27, 2008, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'd suggest to change your windows theme colors instead, if I set a specific color or skin then it will look out of place on other people's machines, and adding the options would make the app too cluttered. But I can add in a line that checks for a custom include so you can maybe add this to your install using AHK ;)

(5) Place the "Rescan", "Change Folder", and "Hide" buttons at the top of the Axem window as a toolbar strip since these are higher level commands.-VideoInPicture (October 27, 2008, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes the listing / presentation can be much improved it's very much a work in progress ;)

mouser:
xbeta's basic idea is not bad..
Axem already scans subfolders..
so maybe a nice way to display everything is with a checkbox treelist, where the tree is the directory structure.

Nod5:
Nice! Good idea, good implementation.

Some brainstorming:

I have for some time used a "master AHK-script" on my own computer i.e. a single large script that handles almost all hotkeys. That script either (1) contains various other small scripts as functions or (2) controls other small standalone scripts through command line parameters. (I made it since I earlier on used a program called Girder which also had centralized control over various hotkeys and then subparts related to specific tasks so I wanted something similar)

So most of the time I only have this one master AHK-script running. Most of the standalone scripts are launched when needed and then closed afterwards. That makes the tray area less cluttered with green H icons :-)

This works great but is of course not generic enough to be useful for others.

AXEM has some similarities. A big difference is that AXEM doesn't control what hotkeys the different scripts use (if any). So now let me throw out this question: would such a hotkey configuration/control feature be possible and useful to include in AXEM somehow?

justice:
Revision: 20
Date: 14:28:17, 03 November 2008
* ported over to listview, will allow much more layout flexibility.
* added context menu for edit / show folder.. options.
* Shows synopsis of file, the first line of the script if it starts with ; (comment) - i'll refine this further.
* Fix: Scrollwheel support
* Hide window when close button is pressed instead of closing program. (exit via tray menu or future file -> exit)
* no longer possible to unfocus open menu

I'd like to recommend everyone to test this version. I know when you resize the window it doesn't resize the listview yet, i'll be looking at that. Fixored in r21

tomos:
Justice, is the download still from reply #3 ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version